Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 09-16-2012, 12:11 PM   #1
fantasticn
fantasticn began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
sending ebooks to multiple accounts via email

I am trying to send ebooks to multiple kindles. The mail-address I use for sending has been granted permission under all targeted kindle-accounts. In Calibre I have inserted the target mail-addresses under "preferences -> import/export -> sending books to devices -> E-Mail" separated by commas. But only the first address receives the ebooks. I remember it used to work in former times. So where is the my mistake right now?

Thanx in advance!

FantasticN
fantasticn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 04:35 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by fantasticn View Post
In Calibre I have inserted the target mail-addresses under "preferences -> import/export -> sending books to devices -> E-Mail" separated by commas. But only the first address receives the ebooks. I remember it used to work in former times. So where is the my mistake right now?
I recall this working too, but in looking at my setup I now have every email address as its own entry, see attached.

You might want to submit a bug report.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	email.jpg
Views:	357
Size:	133.5 KB
ID:	92490  
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-17-2012, 11:04 AM   #3
fantasticn

Thanx for the reply. But I have about five entries in the mailing-list and it would be quiet uncomfortable to have every ebook beeing sent five times manually.

I meanwhile found out that there is a problem in the way googlemail is handling the mails triggered by Calibre with multiple receipients separated by commas. Under "sent mails" googlemails shows the respective e-mail with all its receipients. But the email actually is only received by the first one. But if I re-send the mail again from within googlemail (by using the "forward" function) all receipients do receive the mail (inculding the attached ebook) properly. Very strange.

Any ideas?

Best regards.

Fantasticn

Last edited by fantasticn; 09-17-2012 at 11:08 AM.
Old 09-17-2012, 11:31 AM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantasticn View Post
Under "sent mails" googlemails shows the respective e-mail with all its receipients. But the email actually is only received by the first one. But if I re-send the mail again from within googlemail (by using the "forward" function) all receipients do receive the mail (inculding the attached ebook) properly.
No ideas, I see the same thing.
Old 09-17-2012, 12:13 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Try a mail service other than gmail, it may be that gmail doesn't like receiving mails with multiple recipients via SMTP.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-18-2012, 02:40 AM   #6
fantasticn

Thanks for the reply. I now tried gmx.net. But the problem remains the same. Only the first recipient gets the email. the others - separated by commas - don't.
Old 09-18-2012, 02:43 AM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
OK open a bug report about it, I'll look into it when I have some time.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 02:55 AM   #8
fantasticn

Ok. I filed in the bug report. Thanks in advance for any help!

Best Regards,

FantasticN
Old 04-27-2013, 08:35 AM   #9
Speed
Speed began at the beginning.

Hello,

are there any news on this topic?

I tried to send to a group, I made before in gmail, but it failed.

Thanks

Speed
Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 09:17 AM   #10
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed View Post
are there any news on this topic?
Yes the problem was short lived and corrected the very next release.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed View Post
I tried to send to a group, I made before in gmail, but it failed.
You can't send to a group, you can send to multiple e-mail recipients by entering a series of email addresses separated by commas.

xyz@gmail.com, abc@gmail.com, ghi@gmail.com

or

"Bill Smith" <xyz@gmail.com>, "Jane Doe" <abc@gmail.com>
Old 04-27-2013, 10:39 AM   #11
Speed
Speed began at the beginning.

Thanks a lot DoctorOhh
Speed is offline   Reply With Quote