Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-10-2010, 12:57 PM   #1
crutledge
eBook FANatic
crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP ipac RX5915 Wife's Kindle
Duplicate covers from Calibre

I am getting duplicate cover pages in the calibre output from Sigil files.

In Sigil, the first two files of the document are Cover.xhtml and Title Page.xhtml (also an image). After compiling the Sigil file with Calibre, two cover pages appear in all outputs (epub, lrf, and mobi).

On checking the Calibre file, I have found that a new file has been inserted at the beginning entitled titlepage.xhmtl. This new file contains the cover image and is encoded as <title>Cover</title>. This is the source of the duplicate.

I can find nothing in the Sigil file that I think can cause this and I know that Valorick will say "Not my problem" so I'm asking you, Kovid. Help!!!

Attached are the Sigil output:
The Project Gutenberg eBook of Orange and Green, by G_ A_ Henty.epub

and the Calibre output:
Orange and Green.epub

I have asked before, and never received an answer, "How does one post a problem with Calbre?"

Many thanks
Attached Files
File Type: epub The Project Gutenberg eBook of Orange and Green, by G_ A_ Henty.epub (267.4 KB, 232 views)
File Type: epub Orange and Green.epub (268.7 KB, 243 views)
crutledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 01:32 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The problem is that the sigil file doesn't identify the cover as a cover. There needs to be a guide element in the OPF file. Compare it with the OPF from the calibre epub. You can work around this by asking calibre to remove the first image from the file.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-10-2010, 01:32 PM   #3
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Did you make sure the "Remove First Image" option is ticked under Structure Detection part of the Conversion settings? if not this would probably explain your duplicate covers?

If you need to formally report a Calibre problem then this done by going to the Calibre home site and raising a ticket. This is done for both bug reports and enhancement requests. Doing it this way gets them properly tracked, whereas reports raised in the forum can easily get lost or overlooked.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 02:20 PM   #4
crutledge
eBook FANatic
crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
The problem is that the sigil file doesn't identify the cover as a cover. There needs to be a guide element in the OPF file. Compare it with the OPF from the calibre epub. You can work around this by asking calibre to remove the first image from the file.
As usual a short and heplful answer. Many thanks
Old 05-10-2010, 03:08 PM   #5
crutledge
eBook FANatic

[QUOTE=itimpi;904922]Did you make sure the "Remove First Image" option is ticked under Structure Detection part of the Conversion settings? if not this would probably explain your duplicate covers?
QUOTE]

Tried that but no cigar

EDIT: Sorry guys. I must have been in a daze. "Remove First Image" worked on at least one file

Last edited by crutledge; 05-10-2010 at 06:50 PM.
Advert