Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 08-13-2013, 10:17 AM   #1
maxbookworm
Addict
maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Galaxy Note 2
Red LED on Glowlight - any ideas?

I just charged my Glowlight and I get that the LED is orange during charging, green when fully charged. However, after I unplugged it, I noticed the LED was glowing red. I replugged and unplugged it, and then the LED turned off, as expected. I've actually had a few times where I fully charged the reader, then realized the next time I used it that it was completely dead. I wonder now, if that has something to do with the red light (I've never noticed it before, but it's half blocked by my case, so I may have overlooked it.) It normally has a great battery life, but those few times, it's discharged in less than a day. Does anyone know what the red light means? Is it an error of some sort? Maybe when the light's red, the processor is doing something crazy in the background that is draining the battery? I looked through the manual, but it doesn't even mention the LED so no help there...
maxbookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 02:15 PM   #2
MartyTX
Dedicated
MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 1 & 4, Nook ST, Dell 11-3000, iPhone 5s
maxbookworm,

I don't know what the red LED means. However, there have been quite a few posts about very fast (ie: overnight) battery discharge.

The consensus fix/workaround for the rapid discharge is:
1. Charge battery to 100% (AC outlet or PC USB).
2. After unplugging the Nook from the charger, do a full POWER-OFF, then power back on. This must be a true power-off, not just activation of the screensaver.

Possibly this charging method will prevent the battery's rapid discharge and coincidently eliminate the red LED. It's worth a try ...

Marty
MartyTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert