Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-04-2007, 12:17 AM   #1
valkyriesound
Connoisseur
valkyriesound doesn't littervalkyriesound doesn't litter

Thumbs up Crazy deal on Reader.. $99 plus $150 worth of free books!

Tigerdirect has our reader for $99!

Get it and register it and get the $150 worth of connect books free!

I just got a 2nd unit...

Hope that helps!
Valky

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...5214&CatId=228
valkyriesound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 01:18 AM   #2
jrthebutler
jrthebutler began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
Insane Deal!!!

Just got me #2!!!

JB

jrthebutler is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-04-2007, 03:47 AM   #3
halljames
Zealot
halljames has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.halljames has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.halljames has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.halljames has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.halljames has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Apple iPad
Dam, tried to order for delivery to the UK, but it wont let me. You have to ring them to order for international delivery.

Bummer
halljames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 04:28 AM   #4
athlonkmf
Guru
athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, Sony PRS-505, Kindle 3, Sony PRS350, iPad 64GB
is this even valid? anyone actually got their reader this way? isn't it just a mispricing? (instead of 299, 99 dollar)
athlonkmf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 04:36 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by athlonkmf View Post
isn't it just a mispricing? (instead of 299, 99 dollar)
I rather suspect you're right, in which case the merchant is under no obligration to supply the item at that price.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-04-2007, 05:17 AM   #6
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Sony Portable Reader for $99.99 @ TigerDirect.com

Pst, you didn't hear it from me, but TigerDirect.com has the Sony Reader PRS-500 in stock for the unbelievable price of USD $99.99, and no strings attached! There is no indication how many are left, so better hurry before they are all gone.

Thanks to valkyriesound for the tip!

Link to the deal and discussion: here
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 05:20 AM   #7
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I just ordered one and they already deducted $115.80 USD (tax + shipping included) from my PayPal account.
Old 07-04-2007, 05:25 AM   #8
athlonkmf
Guru
athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, Sony PRS-505, Kindle 3, Sony PRS350, iPad 64GB
how did you managed to let them send you to switzerland? you called?

keep us informed when you get yours
athlonkmf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 05:28 AM   #9
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

First I tried my Swiss billing address, in which case their online shop only accepted payment by wire (at an additional $25 charge, plus the usual wiring costs). So I called their 1-800 number and the guy confirmed that this is the currently only valid payment method for intl. transactions.

So I went to plan B and had my girlfriend make the order (she is from the US).
Old 07-04-2007, 05:55 AM   #10
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
I got one!
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 05:57 AM   #11
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

My PayPal payment verification is still pending...
Old 07-04-2007, 06:11 AM   #12
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
I got one!

I am gonna go cross post this at Baen. It's email based, so hundreds of people will see it.

Last edited by Nate the great; 07-04-2007 at 06:14 AM.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 06:23 AM   #13
flubu
master of my own domain
flubu began at the beginning.

Are they sold as new or refurbs?
flubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 06:29 AM   #14
Adrian
Adrian began at the beginning.

Device: n/a
I just got a friend to buy me one - what an amazing deal! Let's just hope it's not a mistake...
Adrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 06:32 AM   #15
flubu
master of my own domain
flubu began at the beginning.

Are they new or refurbs?
flubu is offline   Reply With Quote