Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-19-2011, 10:08 AM   #1
RoccoPaco
Enthusiast
RoccoPaco has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RoccoPaco has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RoccoPaco has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RoccoPaco has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Nook
$10 for $20 Amazon Gift Card - Living Social Deal

I dont know why this couldn't be used to purchase Kindle books, accessories, etc. The deal expires in about 20 hours.

$20 Amazon.com Gift Card $10
Buy Now ►
Livingsocial offers $20 Amazon.com Gift Card for $10
www.livingsocial.com
RoccoPaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 11:11 AM   #2
crazyTash
Enthusiast
crazyTash began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, eBookwise 1150
Unfortunately this is only available to people in the US
I wish they had a canadian version. Would love to get this. This looks like a very good deal!
crazyTash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-19-2011, 11:41 AM   #3
Mortis
Canucklehead in Malaysia
Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyTash View Post
Unfortunately this is only available to people in the US
I wish they had a canadian version. Would love to get this. This looks like a very good deal!
Try being in Asia, no one offers anything over here, unless you want a copy
Mortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 01:11 PM   #4
starfishy328
starfishy328 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Thanks for the tip. That looks like a good website.
starfishy328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 02:19 PM   #5
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Members:

Be VERY careful of this site. It appears to be very spammy and there have been extremely negative reports on this site.

Click here for some extremely dissatisfied customers:

http://www.sitejabber.com/reviews/www.livingsocial.com

Don
(Moderator)

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 01-19-2011 at 02:27 PM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-19-2011, 02:24 PM   #6
oecherprinte
Zealot
oecherprinte began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle3 3G, Kindle Paperwhite 2
I do not really trust this site. Has anybody ordered and received an item via this
site? Do they accept paypal so I do not have to give them my cc details?
Is that a virtual card where you just receive a code for the amazon gift voucher?

They claim that 645,779 users already bought a card which would be 6.45 Million
Dollars given away.

Sounds strange to me ...
oecherprinte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 02:52 PM   #7
abookreader
Wizard
abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles - Keyboard, Fire, 2-US, iPhone, iPAD
I've seen people on a few message boards claim that they've used offers from this site before. I guess we'll see. I used my "spammy" email to order one.

I'm curious if they'll hit a million sold. This is hitting the blogosphere big - I've gotten 3 or 4 notifications and my Mom just called me to tell me about it.
abookreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 03:00 PM   #8
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
I'm staying away. Ten bucks isn't worth the risk.
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 03:15 PM   #9
mikemc2
Zealot
mikemc2 knows the square root of minus one.mikemc2 knows the square root of minus one.mikemc2 knows the square root of minus one.mikemc2 knows the square root of minus one.mikemc2 knows the square root of minus one.mikemc2 knows the square root of minus one.mikemc2 knows the square root of minus one.mikemc2 knows the square root of minus one.mikemc2 knows the square root of minus one.mikemc2 knows the square root of minus one.mikemc2 knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Sony PRS-505,Kindle 3,Nook HD+,iPod Touch,Kindle PW2
I went for it. Amazon just invested $175,000,000 in Livingsocial so I'm guessing the gift card will come through.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/1..._n_791486.html
mikemc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 03:28 PM   #10
queentess
Reading is sexy
queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
Be VERY careful of this site. It appears to be very spammy and there have been extremely negative reports on this site.

Click here for some extremely dissatisfied customers:

http://www.sitejabber.com/reviews/www.livingsocial.com
Reading through some of the comments, seems like they're mostly having issues with the vendors themselves, not LivingSocial. I haven't used LivingSocial before, but I have used GroupOn, which is very similar. I've had a stellar experience with GroupOn, but how the end vendors treat you is anyone's guess. Sometimes you get good service/food, sometimes not. If a really small vendor decides to 'advertise' like this, they risk being overwhelmed and not being able to fulfill the requests.

Last edited by queentess; 01-19-2011 at 03:31 PM.
queentess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 04:16 PM   #11
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
I have been on LivingSocial's mailing list for a couple of months. I assume that they are on the level, but I have never bought from them before, until today when I went for this deal.

They send you one deal every day. They make it clear what the deal is in their header, so if it is of no interest to you, you can delete the email without bothering to open it.

PS - Nearly all of the deals have been local in nature. Typically a discount at a ladies spa or a restaurant.

Last edited by GA Russell; 01-19-2011 at 04:21 PM.
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 04:45 PM   #12
hemisphire
Connoisseur
hemisphire can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hemisphire can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hemisphire can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hemisphire can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hemisphire can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hemisphire can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hemisphire can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hemisphire can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hemisphire can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hemisphire can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hemisphire can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo, HP Pre2, Touchpad
I've bought from them before, it's the same thing as Groupon, one deal per day. Here's a story about why they're doing a loss leader.
hemisphire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 05:32 PM   #13
sdredneck
sdredneck began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I ordered it. I have used this site on multiple occasions and not had any problems.
sdredneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 07:58 PM   #14
marty888
marty888 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3 - wifi + 3G
Gave it a shot. There's an article about this on the NY Times website:

http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/0...n-discount/?hp
marty888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 10:08 PM   #15
jaxx6166
Wizard
jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 350, iPad, PW
I've used something called mediawebconnect for half off offers for restaurants and other local businesses in my area and never had any issues, i wonder if this is similar. But, still - - the whole too good to be true thing is setting my spidey sense tingling.

This is the one I use

http://southfloridahalfoff.mediawebconnect.com/
jaxx6166 is offline   Reply With Quote