Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-21-2008, 11:18 PM   #1
BigPikaChica
BigPikaChica doesn't litterBigPikaChica doesn't litter

Device: NOW: iPad -- SOLD: Sony Reader (prs-505)
No more tan cover! (and an intro)

Flickr Link

First I want to thank everyone for the huge amount of information that I have found on these forums!! Crazy! You really helped me make an educated decision on which reader I wanted.

Right now, I am reading The Wonderful Wizard of Oz and I plan to read at least the first 14 Oz books, that I never new existed until Tin Man. I have also resized and converted some knitting patterns so I can have them in my Reader for easy reference, not to mention some of the scanlated (unlicensed) manga that I can now take with me!

As for the picture at the top of my post...
I about died when I saw how ugly the cover was! So... I decided it needed to change. I borrowed some Krylon Fusion paint from my mom and recolored my cover. This is a special type of paint that adhears to plastic without any primer. I've had great success with it on several different types of projects (dog houses, Wonder Woman boots, Barbie furniture, etc).

I thought I would share to give another alternative to a plain brown cover.
BigPikaChica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 04:27 AM   #2
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500

and I thought that the brown tan is the most beautiful cover
I would probably turn myself if I had its counterpat.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 09:37 AM   #3
kati42
kati42 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Looks nice! Let us know how well it holds up over time. I wonder about hand-oil taking the paint off, and if bending the cover back would eventually (or immediately) make the paint flake off...
kati42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 01:04 PM   #4
BigPikaChica
BigPikaChica doesn't litterBigPikaChica doesn't litter

Device: NOW: iPad -- SOLD: Sony Reader (prs-505)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kati42 View Post
Looks nice! Let us know how well it holds up over time. I wonder about hand-oil taking the paint off, and if bending the cover back would eventually (or immediately) make the paint flake off...
The vinyl/pleather Wonder Woman boots that I painted have held up for a couple of Halloweens and comic book conventions. NERD! I've even used it on a knitting needle case that gets regular use with no visible wear.
BigPikaChica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 10:48 PM   #5
Lilly
Guru
Lilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-900 & PRS-950, Amazon Kindle2
Which Sony Reader comes with a tan cover? When I bought my PRS-505 at the Sonystyle store, the blue reader had a blue cover and the silver one had a grey cover; I ended up buying the blue reader, now it has the red Dooney & Bourke cover. Do they ship the PRS-505 with different color covers?
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 12:24 AM   #6
JanetCinNC
Groupie
JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 650 in red, Sony PRS-600 in red, Sony PRS-505 in red, iPad 2
I have a silver PRS-505 that came with a cover that's tan on the outside and gray on the inside. I wish the silver had come with the dark blue cover...
JanetCinNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 09:47 AM   #7
athlonkmf
Guru
athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, Sony PRS-505, Kindle 3, Sony PRS350, iPad 64GB
I also got the tan colored one, with grey inside (bought it a few days ago). The reason why I chose the silver one and not the blue one, because it looked so distinguished.
athlonkmf is offline   Reply With Quote