Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-17-2013, 08:14 AM   #1
book64
Love reading
book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung 8 mobile. Samsung 8 and 10 Tablets
Question kobo touch change fonts

How do I change the font on my Kobo touch?
Looked on their website and it says click display or else the double AA sign. I don't have either of these.
book64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:32 AM   #2
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by book64 View Post
How do I change the font on my Kobo touch?
Looked on their website and it says click display or else the double AA sign. I don't have either of these.
when reading a book, tap at the centre of the screen, and at the bottom you should see various icons, including the AA sign - this does NOT apply to pdf documents, though (where your only option is to zoom in and out).
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 01:25 PM   #3
book64
Love reading
book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
when reading a book, tap at the centre of the screen, and at the bottom you should see various icons, including the AA sign - this does NOT apply to pdf documents, though (where your only option is to zoom in and out).

Have tried that I do not have the AA sign in my bottom menu.
Old 02-17-2013, 01:32 PM   #4
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
What format book are you reading?
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 01:45 PM   #5
book64
Love reading

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
What format book are you reading?
Epub books
Old 02-17-2013, 01:54 PM   #6
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Make only a short and quick tap. If you finger remains on the screen a little too long another menu opens.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 02:47 PM   #7
book64
Love reading

Angry more problems too!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
Make only a short and quick tap. If you finger remains on the screen a little too long another menu opens.
I dont know if it is related but did a restore on my kobo touch today
It was going very slow so decided to start again and just put a few books on it at a time

It took ages to restore and kept freezing
But afterwards it seemed ok and i did a sync and added a few more books i had already
It seems much faster

BUT now I just found out I cannot tap to the rightof the screen to read a book I have to tap to the left and read them backwards!!!!!!!!!!!

Get the 1st page 1 tap backwards 2nd page next backwards

Need lots more help it seems
Old 02-17-2013, 03:17 PM   #8
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Book64, I attached some photo's that might help you.

Screen 1: When you're reading a book,
- tapping field A will turn the page back
- tapping field C will turn the page forward
- tapping field B will bring up the menu

Screen 2: With the menu open,
- tapping the Aa (red arrow 1) will bring up the font options (screen 3)
- tapping the left/right arrows (red arrow 2) will bring up the "page through book quickly" option

Screen 3: After hitting the Aa from the menu,
- the dropdown (red arrow) will give you a list of fonts to choose from

Screen 4: After hitting the left/right arrow from the menu,
- You can check whereabouts in the book you are. If you are all the way at the end of the book, you will only be able to page backwards. Sometimes when you open a book, for some reason it opens at the end of the book. Check the page number from the book screen or look at this slider. If you're at the end, you can tap-and-hold and then drag the slider all the way to the left. You'll now be able to page forward.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screen1.jpg
Views:	491
Size:	99.9 KB
ID:	101435   Click image for larger version

Name:	screen2.jpg
Views:	436
Size:	101.2 KB
ID:	101436   Click image for larger version

Name:	screen3.jpg
Views:	450
Size:	81.5 KB
ID:	101437   Click image for larger version

Name:	screen4.jpg
Views:	332
Size:	95.5 KB
ID:	101438  
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 03:21 PM   #9
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by book64 View Post
Get the 1st page 1 tap backwards 2nd page next backwards

Need lots more help it seems
hang on, don't despair! If you tap (from inside the book) on the top right corner (with the tree lines), go into "Settings" and then "reading settings" - there you will see three pages showing. I suspect it is possible that the rightmost one is the one selected for some reason in your reader, which, from our point of view, goes backwards (but would be ok if you were e.g. reading arabic). If now you select the leftmost page symbol you should go back to a situation where a tap on the right goes forward, and a tap on the left goes backwards. Close the menu, and hopefully you should be fine.

Have you been able to change the fonts?
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 03:23 PM   #10
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
In the reading settings, you can choose between three ways of how to page. One way works as you describe it. Is there any chance you changed the settings involuntary? These reading settings do however not influence the way menus open. Can you tell us what happens when you tap in the middle of the bottom of the screen? Does any menu open? What symbols are there?

Edit: I was late. Everything has already been said by Mrs_Often and Paola.

Last edited by tshering; 02-18-2013 at 03:54 AM.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 04:10 PM   #11
book64
Love reading

But I was using it ok no problem till I reset it this morning. Had it awhile no prob.
Old 02-18-2013, 01:50 AM   #12
book64
Love reading

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
hang on, don't despair! If you tap (from inside the book) on the top right corner (with the tree lines), go into "Settings" and then "reading settings" - there you will see three pages showing. I suspect it is possible that the rightmost one is the one selected for some reason in your reader, which, from our point of view, goes backwards (but would be ok if you were e.g. reading arabic). If now you select the leftmost page symbol you should go back to a situation where a tap on the right goes forward, and a tap on the left goes backwards. Close the menu, and hopefully you should be fine.

Have you been able to change the fonts?
You are wonderful that worked. Didn't even know it was there thought I had broken my Kobo !
Not even tried to change the fonts yet as couldn't find the AA.
Old 02-18-2013, 02:39 AM   #13
book64
Love reading

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
In the reading settings, you can choose between three ways of how to page. One way works as you describe it. Is there any chance you changed the settings involuntary? These reading settings do however not influence the way menus open. Can you tell us what happens when you tap in the middle of the bottom of the screen? Does any menu open? What symbols are there?

Edit: I was late. Everything has already been said by Miss_Often and Paola.
Thank you
Old 02-18-2013, 02:40 AM   #14
book64
Love reading

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Often View Post
Book64, I attached some photo's that might help you.

Screen 1: When you're reading a book,
- tapping field A will turn the page back
- tapping field C will turn the page forward
- tapping field B will bring up the menu

Screen 2: With the menu open,
- tapping the Aa (red arrow 1) will bring up the font options (screen 3)
- tapping the left/right arrows (red arrow 2) will bring up the "page through book quickly" option

Screen 3: After hitting the Aa from the menu,
- the dropdown (red arrow) will give you a list of fonts to choose from

Screen 4: After hitting the left/right arrow from the menu,
- You can check whereabouts in the book you are. If you are all the way at the end of the book, you will only be able to page backwards. Sometimes when you open a book, for some reason it opens at the end of the book. Check the page number from the book screen or look at this slider. If you're at the end, you can tap-and-hold and then drag the slider all the way to the left. You'll now be able to page forward.
Thanks
Old 02-18-2013, 02:54 AM   #15
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Glad you got it working!
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote