Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-02-2013, 01:08 PM   #1
tkavan
Groupie
tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo, Kindle Paperwhite
Book finished... or unfinished

I find that when I've finished a book, and later go back to it to look up something, the status changes from FINISHED to % READ. Is there a way to stop this... to let the KT know that I'm just checking something, not starting to read the book again?
tkavan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 01:15 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
About all you can do is to when in the book, bring up menu, select the spanner, and then the "Mark as Finished" option again.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 01:16 PM   #3
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Not really, but when you're done looking at it again, bring up the bottom menu, touch the wrench icon on the far right and select "Mark as finished" and it will close the book and mark it finished again.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 03:15 PM   #4
tkavan
Groupie
tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
About all you can do is to when in the book, bring up menu, select the spanner, and then the "Mark as Finished" option again.
That's what I figured. I just hoped there might be a way to avoid the extra steps!
tkavan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:02 AM   #5
Ninjalawyer
Guru
Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nexus 7 (2013)
I can't understand my finished books going back to unfinished but as far as Kobo bugs go, this one is almost endearing. It's like my Kobo is my forgetful grandmother who can never remember which stories she's told me before. Now that I think about it, comparing the Kobo to an alzheimers patient probably isn't that far off the the mark.
Ninjalawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:18 PM   #6
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
@Ninjlaywer: If you are talking about what tkavan reported, then it isn't a bug. The book was finished, then it was opened again. That means it is being read, so that means it is not finished. The device can't read your mind and know that you are using the book for reference and haven't decided to reread it. Personally, I would be annoyed if it didn't mark the book as open and remember the spot I was up to.

But, if you are talking about something else, please explain. The only times I lose the reading status are when I need to do a factory reset or something else like that happens.

Or are you using an old version of calibre?
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 08:18 PM   #7
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
The on-board database only keeps track of one status for the book. When the last page is read and moved beyond, the book is marked as finished. When the book is opened, it is marked are being read.
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 08:40 PM   #8
dakini
not "it"
dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 7th gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjalawyer View Post
I can't understand my finished books going back to unfinished but as far as Kobo bugs go, this one is almost endearing. It's like my Kobo is my forgetful grandmother who can never remember which stories she's told me before. Now that I think about it, comparing the Kobo to an alzheimers patient probably isn't that far off the the mark.
i think it's more for people like my parents who share a reader and who will often both want to read a book at different times. if mum's reading it after my father has, she wants it to open again to the last page she read, not simply think it's finsihed because my father already read it once.
dakini is offline   Reply With Quote