Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 07-07-2010, 01:53 PM   #1
lilman
Addict
lilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle DX, iPad
Canti: Manga Processing Program

Hi Nook board, I wrote this manga processing program (called "Canti") for my Kindle DX and iPad, but I've added in nook settings so you guys should be able to use it as well.

-Feature List-
+Image processing:
-scale width/height
-reduce to maximum dpi
-auto trim white space around an image
-auto rotate landscape images to portrait
-full color or grayscale
-specify # of colors
-change source image format
+Supported input sources:
-Single folder of images
-Single .zip/.cbz
-Single .rar/.cbr (Note: Must have compatible unrar program installed on your system. See below for details.)
-Single .pdf
-A folder containing any number of the above items, allowing you to process a whole manga series with one command (See-Instructions- section for details on how to organize your manga for batch processing)
+Supported output formats:
-Folder of images (any format supported by ImageMagick should be ok)
-.zip/.cbz
-.rar/.cbr (Note: Must have compatible rar program installed on your system. See below for details.)
-pdf (including right-to-left page ordering)
-epub (including right-to-left page ordering)
+Supported input images:
-Pretty much anything that ImageMagick supports (see http://www.imagemagick.org/script/formats.php)
It's safe to assume that all major image formats are supported: .jpg, .bmp, .gif, .png, etc...
+Binding
-Binding allows you to combine multiple input sources into a single output
-Two ways to use binding:
-Can create a bind file to manually specify which chapters to bind into a single volume
-Can also auto bind a specified number of chapters into volumes
+Auto split landscape 2-page scans
-Can detect whether a landscape scan contains two separate pages and split them accordingly
-Tries not to split landscape 2-page scans where the two pages form one big image
+Generate a settings file for a variety of ereader devices
-Optimal settings stored for many of the top ereader devices like the Kindle DX, K2, and iPad
-Can also generate a default settings file if Canti doesn't know the optimal settings for your particular ereader device
-Any setting can be changed by the user to meet his/her needs
I don't own a Nook and so I haven't personally tested manga produced by Canti on one, but from the tech specs I think this should work for you guys. Read the included readme.txt for installation and usage instructions.

Enjoy and let me know if it works for you
Attached Files
File Type: zip Canti_v1.81F2.zip (77.0 KB, 270 views)

Last edited by lilman; 07-07-2010 at 05:00 PM.
lilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 02:48 AM   #2
Rowen
Rowen has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rowen has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rowen has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rowen has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rowen has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Nook
This is interesting I might have to give it a shot
Rowen is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-08-2010, 10:54 AM   #3
Beans&Bullets
Look for WinCE6 ereaders!
Beans&Bullets began at the beginning.

Device: CT-MID04
I'll take a look

Thanks !! I'll DL it tonite and review it.
Beans&Bullets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 12:50 PM   #4
Lastblade
Nookie are we
Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nooks with and without color
I will have to try this! Thank you.
Lastblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 04:45 PM   #5
lilman
Addict
lilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle DX, iPad
Canti v1.82 is now available for download. Instead of posting the same files in multiple ereader forums, you can download the latest version here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89798
lilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert