Old 02-07-2015, 08:08 PM   #46
Bob Brunius
Connoisseur
Bob Brunius began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW & Kobo H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
No to landscape mode.

Frankly I would not want to depend on the browser for much.

All I need is for it to do what the Kindle Paperwhite browser does plus go full screen and it would also be nice if it would do landscape mode. Those two things are my questions.
Bob Brunius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 08:14 PM   #47
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Brunius View Post
All I need is for it to do what the Kindle Paperwhite browser does plus go full screen and it would also be nice if it would do landscape mode. Those two things are my questions.
The browser can be set to full screen using a config file option. I don't know how well it works as it's been a while since I tried it.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-07-2015, 08:41 PM   #48
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Brunius View Post
You might be best to start a thread about this.
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 09:01 PM   #49
Bob Brunius
Connoisseur
Bob Brunius began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW & Kobo H2O
I just placed an order for one so I guess I'll find out in due course.
Bob Brunius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 11:57 PM   #50
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by meeera View Post
0.8" squared...

And yes, me too, with my old Aura.
My T1 looks tiny in comparison. What I like is that Kobo did the screen correctly unlike Sony which made the 950 longer and no wider then the 650.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-08-2015, 04:34 AM   #51
ryuji35
Zealot
ryuji35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ryuji35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ryuji35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ryuji35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ryuji35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ryuji35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ryuji35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ryuji35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ryuji35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ryuji35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ryuji35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PPW5 Signature, Kobo Libra 2, Samsung Tab S6 Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
They finally turn up near me. All three stores that I can easily get to suddenly had them. Of course, when I when I went there, the salesman said they didn't have them, I said the web site showed and he check and there were six but they hadn't been unpacked. He dug one out and gave it to me for $208.

And I was a good boy. I didn't rush home and ignore everyone. I went and did the shopping, brought everything in, put the cold stuff away* and made everyone a cup of coffee. Then I opened it. Happily, no bright spots and the PC does see it. I'm just waiting for the setup to finish.

Apparently I hadn't mentioned to my wife that the light on my Glo had stopped working (she'd been visiting her parents when it happened). When she found out today, she offered to let me have her Glo and she would sacrifice herself to use the new Aura H2O. Isn't that nice of her?

* The cans are still sitting on the floor.
You must really love your wife to give her the H20 and get her Glo )
ryuji35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 05:09 AM   #52
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryuji35 View Post
You must really love your wife to give her the H20 and get her Glo )
Yes I do. And for that reason I couldn't let her make the sacrifice.

I suppose I really should put those cans away. Though I few did come in handy when I cooked dinner.
Old 02-08-2015, 08:16 AM   #53
darryl
Wizard
darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Oasis, Huwei Ascend Mate 7
Quote:
Yes I do. And for that reason I couldn't let her make the sacrifice.

I suppose I really should put those cans away. Though I few did come in handy when I cooked dinner.
Haven't you ever heard the saying "Happy Wife, Happy Life". Give her your H2O and buy another one for yourself. Before it's too late!
darryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 11:14 AM   #54
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Even the H2O is light enough to be able to use it one handed while putting away cans/making dinner .
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 06:14 PM   #55
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Its only been available for a couple of weeks and the H2O is already out of stock on Kobo's New Zealand Website. I wondered if they are shipping them from a New Zealand source, or from Australia or somewhere else?
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 06:23 PM   #56
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
Kobo's sending mine from Hong Kong, so perhaps that's where the warehouse is.
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 09:09 PM   #57
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx-lynx View Post
Kobo's sending mine from Hong Kong, so perhaps that's where the warehouse is.
Hong Kong has been a typical origin for some shipments for a few generation of Kobo's. IIRC the U.S. shipments for the launch of one of the devices came from Hong Kong if they had ordered a cover as well or domestically from the U.S. if they didn't. Not sure there ever was an exact pattern discovered, but from Hong Kong isn't unusual.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 08:05 PM   #58
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
So does the Kobo Australia website show the H2O being out of stock too? If not then I guess Kobo must have a set allocation of devices for each country, and New Zealand has sold out its allocation.
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 08:33 PM   #59
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

I just looked and it says out of stock here as well.
Old 02-17-2015, 04:48 AM   #60
biteme
biteme has won the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children.biteme has won the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children.biteme has won the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children.biteme has won the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children.biteme has won the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children.biteme has won the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children.biteme has won the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children.biteme has won the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children.biteme has won the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children.biteme has won the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children.biteme has won the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children.

Device: Kobo Aura H20
Quote:
As the forecast for today is 34ºC, I do wish I was a more heat resistant reader.

This summer seems to be a wet one rather than a hot one.
But my oh my, that H2O screen is just beautiful in direct sunlight. The brighter, the better!!

I paid the full $229 at JB, it didn't even occur to me to ask for a discount. The chap had to go "out the back" to find it, and it was the last one, or so I was told.

Even at $229, the screen upgrade over the Glo makes it seem a bargain, easily worth the $70 price difference. It is very rare to find this much difference in usability between two consecutive generations of ereader.

FWIW JB Bankstown, Sydney, are now selling the 6" Aura for $159, the same price as the 6" Touch Glo. That being said they will include an additional year's warranty with the Touch Glo at no additional cost.
biteme is offline   Reply With Quote