Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 10-12-2014, 10:42 AM   #46
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
when do you think they'll be rolling this out? I got the letter last week on my Fire HDX 7
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 04:36 PM   #47
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhempel24 View Post
when do you think they'll be rolling this out? I got the letter last week on my Fire HDX 7
I'd say before the year is out.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-12-2014, 05:33 PM   #48
Anthem
Guru
Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, OnePlus Nord
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I'd say before the year is out.
You may be right.

The letter from "Jeff" says "...in the coming weeks." Which makes it sound like the span of time will be measured in weeks and not months... but it certainly leaves the answer wide open because weeks can add up to months and even years without the person who said it being "technically" wrong!
Anthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 06:00 PM   #49
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
...and I still haven't received my letter yet
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 06:27 PM   #50
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
You may be right.

The letter from "Jeff" says "...in the coming weeks." Which makes it sound like the span of time will be measured in weeks and not months... but it certainly leaves the answer wide open because weeks can add up to months and even years without the person who said it being "technically" wrong!
It will either be before Christmas or right after if it follows past update patterns.
I think it will be right after Christmas but I am hoping for it sooner.
Advert
Old 10-14-2014, 01:07 PM   #51
Anthem
Guru
Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
It will either be before Christmas or right after if it follows past update patterns.
I think it will be right after Christmas but I am hoping for it sooner.
Before Christmas or After? I would say you have a 66% probability of being correct. (The other 33% would be ON Christmas!)

Old 10-14-2014, 01:24 PM   #52
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Before Christmas or After? I would say you have a 66% probability of being correct. (The other 33% would be ON Christmas!)

...but which Christmas? this year? next year? the year after?...
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 06:43 PM   #53
conan50
Fanatic
conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
I finally got the letter. Looking forward to the update.
conan50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 12:26 AM   #54
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force
Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek,Sony 350/T1,Pandigital,eBM 911,Nook HD/HD+,Fire HDX 7/8.9,PW2
~sob~

No letter for me. I feel so abandoned....
Xanthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 04:23 PM   #55
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
One app we will lose is GSAM battery monitor. KitKat doesn't allow you to grab battery info. I don't think there was ever a fix. I had to find a different app on my Nexus after I got KitKat
Hmmm...my phone has KitKat, and I'm running GSAM with no issues at all. What error message did you get when you tried to run it? Did you try removing and reinstalling?

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 04:39 PM   #56
hfpop
Addict
hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

Device: N/A
Quote:
Are you sure your math is correct? Probability calculus suggests otherwise.
hfpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 05:04 PM   #57
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalym View Post
Hmmm...my phone has KitKat, and I'm running GSAM with no issues at all. What error message did you get when you tried to run it? Did you try removing and reinstalling?

Shari
Are you rooted? Because that's the only way to get battery usage info. Now you can only get battery percentage and temp.
http://badassbatterymonitor.blogspot.com/

Last edited by Blossom; 10-15-2014 at 05:08 PM.
Old 10-15-2014, 05:09 PM   #58
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
Are you rooted? Because that's the only way to get battery usage info. Now you can only get battery percentage and temp.
Not rooted, and I'm looking at it right now on my phone.
Phone: 0.0%
Screen: 32.6%
Phone Radio: 4.8%
Wifi Active: 31.7%
Held Awake: 0.6%
Bluetooth: 4.4%
App Usage: 23.7%

I can also look at the App Sucker and drill down even more.

I'm not sure why it's working on mine, and not on yours, but I can assure you that I'm not rooted--I've never rooted an Android device and probably never will. If it doesn't do what I want without hacking, I don't want it.

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 01:48 AM   #59
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
...but which Christmas? this year? next year? the year after?...
whichever one, you'll be right!
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 01:08 PM   #60
Anthem
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by hfpop View Post
Are you sure your math is correct? Probability calculus suggests otherwise.
Explain. Keep in mind there are only three possible answers.