Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 04-02-2008, 01:04 PM   #1
pbananth
Enthusiast
pbananth is on a distinguished road

Device: Ebookwise 1150,EBOOKWISE 1200,JOINTECH JE 100
Post WEIGHT

kindly help me to grade as per weight...
i find ebookwise 1150 little heavier..
thanks..
pbananth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 01:11 PM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
CyBook Gen3: 174g
Sony Reader: 250g
iRex iLiad: 390g

All those are the bare machine, without a case.

For comparison, the eBookwise 1150 weighs 510g.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-02-2008, 03:25 PM   #3
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Heavy is the REB1200 at 936 g (or 33 ounces)!
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 05:15 PM   #4
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
The Kindle says it is 10.3 oz which converts to 292 g.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 01:27 AM   #5
pbananth
Enthusiast

thanks..
what about Hanlin..
Advert
Old 04-03-2008, 02:30 AM   #6
Gudy
Wizard
Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux (623)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbananth View Post
what about Hanlin..
The Jinke website claims 210g for the V3, 290g for the V2, and 300g for the V3.
Gudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 02:48 AM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
thanks..
what about Hanlin..
Why don't you just look at the website yourself? People here are happy to help, but there comes a point where it looks as if you're just getting other people to do the work for you!
Old 04-03-2008, 11:16 AM   #8
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Why don't you just look at the website yourself? People here are happy to help, but there comes a point where it looks as if you're just getting other people to do the work for you!
Actually I believe all of this information is in our wiki as well.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 12:14 PM   #9
pbananth
Enthusiast

why i asked here ..
everyone directly handling the ebook reader and their experience is iam seeking..
thanks..
Old 04-03-2008, 01:01 PM   #10
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
I have a Nokia N800 Internet Tablet (206g) that I use for reading and recently was able to compare it side by side with a Sony 505. While they are significantly different in physical size, the Sony felt very easy to handle and not heavy at all. I have hand probs so I tend to pay more attention to these things. And I can say I would easily handle the Sony and w/o a doubt the Kindle also. Still I would like both devices to have an flip out easel style stand to allow use on a table or other reasonably flat surface.

But just thought I would pass along that I found the device very well balanced. A devices center of gravity and overall weight distribution can make a significantly heavier device feel lighter then one which is differently balanced yet of similar dimensions.
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 01:06 PM   #11
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
why i asked here ..
everyone directly handling the ebook reader and their experience is iam seeking..
thanks..
Most folks only have one model, so it's going to be tough to get an experience-based answer. Which leaves you with the actual weights ... which really ought to be the same for everyone.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 01:18 PM   #12
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
Most folks only have one model, so it's going to be tough to get an experience-based answer. Which leaves you with the actual weights ... which really ought to be the same for everyone.
I'm not so sure. I think that some people on this board are living on a different planet - where the weight would be different .
Old 04-03-2008, 01:29 PM   #13
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I'm not so sure. I think that some people on this board are living on a different planet - where the weight would be different .

you mean everyone does not live "...somewhere beyond the suuun...???"
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 01:47 PM   #14
WillAdams
Wizard
WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite (300ppi), Samsung Galaxy Book 12
I find the Sony Reader and Amazon Kindle equally handy, w/ the Kindle possibly edging out the Sony 'cause of the more ergonomic shape and ``grippier'' materials (it's plastic and a soft rubber I believe). However, the Sony is slightly lighter and much smaller and fits in a (large) shirt pocket, so I find it meets my needs better.

I don't find either difficult to read w/, nor especially more tiring than its competition and arguably both are easier to handle than a physical book w/ a stiff spine where one has to struggle to hold it open (I don't break the spines on my paperbacks and often am queried whether or no I read them when they're viewed on the shelf).

William
WillAdams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 02:58 PM   #15
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillAdams View Post
I find the Sony Reader and Amazon Kindle equally handy, w/ the Kindle possibly edging out the Sony 'cause of the more ergonomic shape and ``grippier'' materials (it's plastic and a soft rubber I believe). However, the Sony is slightly lighter and much smaller and fits in a (large) shirt pocket, so I find it meets my needs better.

I don't find either difficult to read w/, nor especially more tiring than its competition and arguably both are easier to handle than a physical book w/ a stiff spine where one has to struggle to hold it open (I don't break the spines on my paperbacks and often am queried whether or no I read them when they're viewed on the shelf).

William
Compared to the Cybook, the Sony is a hog. And the Kindle strikes me as an unwieldy elephant. I'm not saying the Cybook has the same feature set as the Kindle or Sony, but if you like light weight and ease of use, the Cybook rocks!

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote