Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 02-07-2012, 05:44 AM   #1
nicciglen
nicciglen began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1
How do I change the syntax colouring and increase the font size in the Code View?

Hi. I'm starting to get into Sigil to fix up some epub conversions. However, since I need to use Windows with a black background (light sensitivity issues) the current syntax colouring makes the xhtml and css in the code view very hard to see. There doesn't appear to be anything in the Preferences to change this. I'm also looking for a way to increase the font size in the Code View. The manual doesn't seem to say anything about this matter.

Is there a config file somewhere that I can tweak?

Any ideas? Thanks in advance. Glen
nicciglen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 07:47 AM   #2
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicciglen View Post
... There doesn't appear to be anything in the Preferences to change this.
Color cannot be changed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicciglen View Post
I'm also looking for a way to increase the font size in the Code View.
Use the zoom slider at the bottom of the screen.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-07-2012, 09:17 AM   #3
nicciglen

Thanks for letting me know user_none, but are you telling me that the colours for the syntax colouring in the Code View are really completely hard coded? I'm guessing that the Sigil developers didn't write a html and css editor from scratch. So if Sigil is merely using a pre-implemented editor component, surely there must be a config file for it of some sorts?

If the Sigil code view can't cope with a black background, then that is an Accessibility issue. Sigil should be able to handle high contrast appearance settings, which usually use black backgrounds. I would offer to muck in and help with this, but I'm a Java developer, and I haven't done any C++ for a VERY long time.
Old 02-08-2012, 07:36 AM   #4
nicciglen

OK - so no response - I'll raise a bug for this issue then.
Old 02-08-2012, 07:54 AM   #5
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
In all fairness, it is not a bug but a feature request.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-08-2012, 09:34 AM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post
In all fairness, it is not a bug but a feature request.
NP++ has the color setting feature for 'language' syntax, maybe the crew can make use of that code.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
code view, font size, syntax coloring