Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 11-01-2010, 08:07 PM   #1
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
Onyx readying M90 9.7" ebook reader

http://www.onyx-international.com/en/M_pr2.php

Not much info yet but the design is nice , with minimal buttons. Hope to have more info soon.
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 04:22 AM   #2
m-reader
Guru
m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Sony PRS-300. PRS-650, PRS-900, iPad2, Iconia A500, Irex Iliad (sold)
Looking good!
I'm definitely keeping an eye on this one. I almost bought a Kindle DX, if it weren't for shoddy PDF support.
I wish they would get somebody to fix their English though. It looks like another Google translation job well done
m-reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-02-2010, 06:05 AM   #3
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Looks very nice.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 07:39 AM   #4
AdamV
*Censored*
AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (brown), Asus DR 900
damn im in love... it's so sexy...

I wish they revealed the specs and... GA date
AdamV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 04:41 AM   #5
micromirko
Enthusiast
micromirko began at the beginning.

Device: Boox 60
I was at the german cebit - the little black square is in fact on the right side !
micromirko is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-03-2011, 08:38 AM   #6
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Dulin's Books, any updates on this?

Thanks.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 10:07 AM   #7
karunaji
Evangelist
karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi, Bookeen Opus
If it is real, it would be perfect for my needs. I have to read a lot of documents every day and converting them for Kindle is PITA. When are they going to sell it?
karunaji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 10:23 AM   #8
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
Doesn't say what kind of screen it has, older or pearl. Or touch tech, IR or pressure sensitive or...

Does look nice.
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 04:02 PM   #9
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The touch screen would be a wacom digitizer. so stylus only. The black square is an optical mouse which makes navigating very easy.

They have just announced a new A series- A61- With Pearl display. http://www.the-ebook.org/?p=6985 the A series is the Original Boox 60 style device. They have also swicthed to a new processor, Marvell PXA166E, which is less power hungry and said to power the device for 45 days in stand by.

This new device will be launched in Russia first because they are having great demand in Russia. I hear they may actually be 2nd behind PocketBook in that market.

Having said all of that- I don't know yet if the M90 will have Pearl. Mostly it will depend on availability. I'd like to have it as it would be better for sales but if it meant waiting into summer for them to be available it would be too long. I still expect the M90 to be shipping in the beginning of April.

Quote:
Originally Posted by micromirko View Post
I was at the german cebit - the little black square is in fact on the right side !
I didnt see your post before I started mine Since the M90 can be rotated for either hand and landscape the square can be on either side or top/bottom

Did you get any pics or new info?
Old 03-03-2011, 04:41 PM   #10
Zetmolm
Guru
Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch (622), PocketBook Touch Lux 2, Pocketbook Touch HD 3
The story that Onyx is number 2 on the Russian market is based on a claim by MakTsentr, the official distributor of Onyx devices in Russia. They say that Onyx products have a share of some 15% of what they call the "legal" Russian e-reader market. That number also includes the OZON Galaxy and the Globusbook, which are rebranded Onyx readers sold in Russia. (Source)

Two A61 models have been announced, both without touch screen and without WiFi. The A61S has the "traditional" VizPlex screen and seems to be already available. The other model is the "A61S Hamlet", the first in the new Shakespeare series featuring Pearl screens. This model is expected to be available in Russia next week. Let's hope the rest of the world will follow soon!

BTW, in addition to the 9,7" model they also intend to release an 8" model this year.

Last edited by Zetmolm; 03-03-2011 at 04:46 PM.
Zetmolm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 04:00 AM   #11
karunaji
Evangelist
karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi, Bookeen Opus
Fantastic. I can't wait to be able to buy it even if it means that I have to go to Russia
karunaji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 11:18 AM   #12
snipenekkid
Banned
snipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulin's Books View Post
http://www.onyx-international.com/en/M_pr2.php

Not much info yet but the design is nice , with minimal buttons. Hope to have more info soon.
Hope it has Wacom and the HWR like the 60. It sure would make it contender for my needs. Seems I am destine to forever be in search of a large format reader. Or I might just end up adding a color reader of some sort and that Asus notepad thingy as a combo.

BTW, it sure seems time for "someone" to update the MR Wiki with the Onyx devices as none are here:

https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/E-book_devices

though I did see a version of their model 60 listed in the matrix table. But boy if "someone" (hinthintnudgenudgedulin) did that update.
snipenekkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 12:23 PM   #13
owly
Guru
owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 2, Kobo Aura H2O
Found this on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnyT44GeNgk
owly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 12:25 PM   #14
Dulin's Books
Wizard

yes thats Charbax's video from CES
Old 03-04-2011, 07:34 PM   #15
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by owly View Post
Looks nice. Can someone tell from that video if she did a graphical zoom or was it an actual text zoom with text reflow? That's my biggest gripe with the Kindle DX
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
onyx boox, onyx boox m90