Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-09-2009, 12:56 AM   #1
nomesque
Snooty Bestselling Author
nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650
Fave Quote from the Weekend

From my 12yo son:

Quote:
Great! Flaming armour! Now all we need are some mushrooms!
nomesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 09:38 AM   #2
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
I love it! And I think we really, really NEED the back story!
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 01:14 PM   #3
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Tea. Meet keyboard. What? You already know each other? OK - carry on!

And i agree with pholy - we need the backstory!
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 02:30 PM   #4
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
I'll just share a quote from my 6 year old earlier this week.

After eying up the lounge, kitchen, dining room and conservatory, Tom said to me:

"Daddy, how many ducks do you think we could fit in this house?".

I still don't know why
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 03:02 PM   #5
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Listening to the cricket commentary over the weekend Phil Tufnell, an ex-cricketer, recalled an Australian spectator shouting out a class insult - "Hey, Tufnell can you lend us your brain? We're building an idiot!"
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 03:58 PM   #6
nomesque
nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

*snicker*

We were playing Munchkin (cut-down comedy RPG for those who're nerdy, but lack patience) and I got some flaming armour and... ermmm... he meant to say 'marshmellows'
Old 08-09-2009, 03:59 PM   #7
nomesque

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
I'll just share a quote from my 6 year old earlier this week.

After eying up the lounge, kitchen, dining room and conservatory, Tom said to me:

"Daddy, how many ducks do you think we could fit in this house?".

I still don't know why

Some things you just don't want an answer to....
Old 08-09-2009, 04:00 PM   #8
nomesque

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
Listening to the cricket commentary over the weekend Phil Tufnell, an ex-cricketer, recalled an Australian spectator shouting out a class insult - "Hey, Tufnell can you lend us your brain? We're building an idiot!"
*snicker*
Old 08-09-2009, 04:20 PM   #9
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomesque View Post
*snicker*

We were playing Munchkin (cut-down comedy RPG for those who're nerdy, but lack patience) and I got some flaming armour and... ermmm... he meant to say 'marshmellows'
(assuming you mean the Steve Jackson game?)

And I dunno, portabello mushrooms might be nice flame-grilled...
Old 08-09-2009, 07:10 PM   #10
nomesque

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortNCuddlyAm View Post
(assuming you mean the Steve Jackson game?)
Yup :-) It's fun. Although my loving son double-crossed me, and knowing that he did the same to my husband on the same play didn't make things at all better. Especially since I paid him lollies to help me - real ones!

Quote:
And I dunno, portabello mushrooms might be nice flame-grilled...
Mmmm... with a splash of soy sauce *droooool*

Ironically, said son HATES mushrooms.
Old 08-09-2009, 07:24 PM   #11
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomesque View Post
Yup :-) It's fun. Although my loving son double-crossed me, and knowing that he did the same to my husband on the same play didn't make things at all better. Especially since I paid him lollies to help me - real ones!

Mmmm... with a splash of soy sauce *droooool*

Ironically, said son HATES mushrooms.
Sooo... tell him next time he double crosses you, he gets mushrooms for breakfast, lunch and dinner
Old 08-09-2009, 07:56 PM   #12
nomesque

Quote:
Sooo... tell him next time he double crosses you, he gets mushrooms for breakfast, lunch and dinner
BAHAHAHAA... I like the way you think!!
Old 08-09-2009, 08:22 PM   #13
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
I was telling my 21 year old son who is very thin that he needed to eat his entire dinner or I was going to hurt him. His 8 year old sister responded, "oooo, this is going to be GREAT!"
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rpg