Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 11-17-2011, 10:38 AM   #1
nickredding
onlinenewsreader.net
nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Fire, IPad3, iPhone4, Playbook, HTC Inspire
Kindle Fire private docs memory

I plugged my Fire into my computer and the device mounted as a 5GB drive (with almost nothing on it). None of my Amazon content was visible, so it seems Amazon has walled-off the memory used for Amazon content. Interesting, since my K3 shows everything when I mount it as a drive.
nickredding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 10:51 AM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
The Fire will have downloaded Kindle Store ebooks in Books, which you can see via USB. Most likely all your content is currently in the "Cloud". It can be downloaded on the device by selecting it, or from your "manage my Kindle" page at amazon.com.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-17-2011, 04:48 PM   #3
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickredding View Post
I plugged my Fire into my computer and the device mounted as a 5GB drive (with almost nothing on it). None of my Amazon content was visible, so it seems Amazon has walled-off the memory used for Amazon content. Interesting, since my K3 shows everything when I mount it as a drive.
This is how an Android device works. You will only see External Memory when you connect it to your PC.

The Fire has 1GB of Internal Memory. This is where apps are installed. The 5GB External memory is where content is placed.
You won't see the Internal memory when you mount the Fire as a drive on your PC.

The 5GB emulates a SD Card. This does bring a limitation on how many apps one can have on the Fire just like any Android Device. On my phone I have 256MB and 2GB mSD card. So I tried to keep the Internal memory at 45MB.

I doubt you will ever fill the Internal memory up with apps 1GB is plenty! 5GB for content is not too bad either.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote