Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 08-12-2009, 05:21 PM   #1
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Taking the plunge

Just opened up a brand new, blank screen of electrons and wrote the first two sentences of my adaptation of the Harv and Vera stories to something useable in real life publishing:

Quote:
Samuel Langhorne "Armistice" Walker swung lazily under the wing of his float plane on a hammock, the gentle tropical breezes of Panama cooling himas much as the rum punch he occasionally sipped. His dog, Vivaldi, was curled up on his stomach, muttering in his sleep.
More to come...
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 05:24 PM   #2
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
i can't wait to see where this is going. (although i don't see what the real life publishing world could possibly have against a fine specimen of a man such as harv. )
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-12-2009, 05:34 PM   #3
pshrynk
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
i can't wait to see where this is going. (although i don't see what the real life publishing world could possibly have against a fine specimen of a man such as harv. )
Well, Harv and Vera are here, and a search of same would show anyone enterprising enough to do so would find it. So I filed off teh serial numbers and borught it out as new. I can't find a more fitting name for the talking dog than Vivaldi, so he stays.

I'm also adding a mechanic/copilot named Patrick Lamp, an Iowan of German descent who hates being called 'Paddy.'
Old 08-12-2009, 05:35 PM   #4
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
aha, i see ! very sneaky. i can't wait for the day some guy named "pshrynk" is attacked for plagiarising the adventures of Samuel Langhorne "Armistice" Walker, vivaldi, and NotPaddy on some cut rate intarweb blog thingy.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 06:24 PM   #5
Verencat
Wizard
Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.

Device: xxx
That is AWESOME!
Verencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-12-2009, 06:28 PM   #6
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
Just opened up a brand new, blank screen of electrons and wrote the first two sentences of my adaptation of the Harv and Vera stories to something useable in real life publishing:

More to come...

Excellent, I can't wait to get into this properly at the rebirth (always felt a little left behind with the other stuff, like I'd come late to a party and forgot my bottle of wine).

May I ask was this spurred on by what you heard at Worldcon, and if so, what did you hear?
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 12:03 AM   #7
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
So, what are you going to call Doctor Montsnmags and Adrian?

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 09:00 AM   #8
pshrynk

It was partially inspired by the WorldCon, partially by my wife, a lot by the encouragement I get here.

WorldCon inparticular was full of great advice for e-publishing. also, there seems to be a lot of crap out there, so either a) My stuff will stand out head and shoulders above the rest or b) My stuff will fit right in. So I guess i have a chance, eh?

Mostly, I have been having an incredible upsurge in need to write lately, so I am going to.
Old 08-13-2009, 09:01 AM   #9
pshrynk

Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
So, what are you going to call Doctor Montsnmags and Adrian?

Cheers,
Marc
Haven't gotten that far in the planning.
Old 08-14-2009, 11:14 AM   #10
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
Mostly, I have been having an incredible upsurge in need to write lately, so I am going to.
I know the feeling. Hope you have better luck with that than I seem to be having lately!
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote