Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 10-15-2012, 03:36 PM   #841
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
Update of the epubreaders.

Some files on my Samsung E65 have a good layout, but they couldn't be seen with the M92 and FBreader or the layout is lost.

I know a new firmware is in test, but an update of the soft to read epub is possible ?

The last version of FBreader and Coolreader, may be ?

Thanks.
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 03:20 AM   #842
Defenderland
Groupie
Defenderland doesn't litterDefenderland doesn't litterDefenderland doesn't litter

Device: Kindle PW, M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHarris View Post
I wanted to post here to say thank you. I bought the Onyx Boox m92 a few months ago because it seemed, on balance, to be the best large-screen ereader available and because it appeared to be receiving active support and improvement. Supporting your product with software upgrades and patches generates goodwill and sales, it's a win-win. Future purchases and recommendations of Onyx devices by me, and my friends and family, will be based on the continuation of this behaviour. The m92 isn't perfect but it's pretty good in my opinion.
Could you please upload your firmware? Because the versions i have tried, have no reliably working annotation and scribbling support for PDFs at all.
I also have no possibility to jump and return quickly between different locations in a PDF.
You claim owning the M92 for months and now, and after many weeks without any progress, your first post is how great the M92 is? Come on... Booxtor, is it you?

Last edited by Defenderland; 10-16-2012 at 08:14 AM.
Defenderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-16-2012, 03:22 AM   #843
abpos
abpos began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Kindle 3(WiFi/3G)
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterx View Post
Ok, here is the first package of evopedia for the Onyx Boox M92 (could by the way also work on other devices). Please tell me if it worked for you.

Installation:

Extract the attached zip to your boox, download one of the archives from http://dumpathome.evopedia.info/dumps/finished (use "small" for testing) and also extract that to your boox. Disconnect the USB cable and run "evopedia.oar" from the zip. This should run the evopedia server and point the browser to http://127.0.0.1:8080. You can ignore and close the wifi dialog. Now hopefully, the evopedia index page should be shown. To add the Wikipedia archive, click on the settings symbol, choose "add archive", navigate to the appropriate directory (usually /media/flash/... or /media/sd/...) and click on "add this" once the archive was detected. You can then go back to the search page and browse Wikipedia :-)

Troubleshooting:

If evopedia does not start, the reason could be that the bzip library is missing (it is included in the zip archive but perhaps at the wrong place). Try copying the bzip files to /usr/lib or set LD_LIBRARY_PATH in evopedia.oar.

If someone wants to change anything, please fork my repository on https://github.com/peter-x/evopedia

It could be that I forgot to mention some step (I am especially a bit unsure about the bzip library), so please do not despair if something does not work, it should be my fault ;-)

Just tried to install and run evopedia. Unfortunately it did not work for me.
The browser starts, but i couldn't set the archive-path.
Then searched for this bzip file and didn't find it

What's wrong? Any suggestions?

Wikipedia on boox would be real cool!
abpos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 03:14 PM   #844
Buecherwurm92
Buecherwurm92 began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by seaniko7 View Post
Here's my little tweaked version of e-mail app from PocketBook source :

Thanks a lot, this works fine and is a nice alternative to a USB cable :-)
Buecherwurm92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 04:31 AM   #845
Knorke
Enthusiast
Knorke is on a distinguished road

I don't know if this bug is already posted:

The german keybord layout is fine for small signs. When you press the shift button the positionof Z and Y is transposed (observed with the annotation function of pdf's.
Knorke is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-26-2012, 07:44 AM   #846
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knorke View Post
I don't know if this bug is already posted:

The german keybord layout is fine for small signs. When you press the shift button the positionof Z and Y is transposed (observed with the annotation function of pdf's.
Thanks! I didn't notice it before. Will fix it right now.

Last edited by Booxtor; 10-28-2012 at 09:46 AM.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 08:52 AM   #847
tuxor
Addict
tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Icarus Illumina E653
Any news about the update announced for this week, Booxtor?

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...ek#post2272402

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...ek#post2269682

I'm really looking forward to the new tool bar icons
tuxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 08:23 PM   #848
jbsavitz
Connoisseur
jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, Onyx Boox M92 and i62HD
Booxtor, when's the firmware update coming? It's hard reading on the i62HD with unusual .pdf margin cropping where it switches from full page to continous pages when selecting margin cropping. Also, the annotation is painful since you can't select the words precisely enough. Would be nice if you could adjust the ends of what's selected similar to the Kobo Touch.
jbsavitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 08:04 AM   #849
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbsavitz View Post
Booxtor, when's the firmware update coming? It's hard reading on the i62HD with unusual .pdf margin cropping where it switches from full page to continous pages when selecting margin cropping. Also, the annotation is painful since you can't select the words precisely enough. Would be nice if you could adjust the ends of what's selected similar to the Kobo Touch.
Update for M92 already is available now.
Update for i62HD will follow tomorrow.
Old 10-30-2012, 08:18 AM   #850
CJY
Zealot
CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
There is a lot of changes and improvements. Not only PDF Reader, but also the file manager and browser were improved too.
Thanks for the update, much appreciated!

Can you tell me a little about what improvements have been made to the browser (or do I just have to try and see)?

Cheers!
CJ
CJY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 08:53 AM   #851
Ayla7
Connoisseur
Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.

Device: Onyx Boox i62HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJY View Post
Can you tell me a little about what improvements have been made to the browser (or do I just have to try and see)?
You can see it on the first post of this thread: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...03&postcount=1
Ayla7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 09:04 AM   #852
CJY
Zealot
CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayla7 View Post
You can see it on the first post of this thread: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...03&postcount=1
I must be going blind - or senile - but I see nothing in there pertaining to the browser. Am I missing something?

Cheers!
CJ
CJY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 09:09 AM   #853
Ayla7
Connoisseur
Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.

Device: Onyx Boox i62HD
Sorry, my mistake I didn't see the "browser" part. It seems that I'm the blind one...
Ayla7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 09:22 AM   #854
Booxtor
Booxtor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJY View Post
I must be going blind - or senile - but I see nothing in there pertaining to the browser. Am I missing something?

Cheers!
CJ
the release notes to 1.8 are not complete - It contains important changes only. There are lots of minor fixes and improvements, which I am not keepeng in mind. Which important changes are you expecting in browser (in priority order)?

In our task list we have already some plans for browser improvement like: adding tabs, display pale fonts as black, improve of text input.

Currently the core of our devteam is heavily working on porting of Android to M92 and i62HD. This is why some plans have been postponed.
Old 10-30-2012, 09:25 AM   #855
mSSM
Connoisseur? Addict!
mSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with others

Device: Onyx M92
With this firmware (and the previous one), the reader has issues with screen updating: when set to make a full screen update every 3 pages, the screen in fact never gets a full screen update.

When set to make a full screen update every 5 pages, everything works normally.
mSSM is offline   Reply With Quote