Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 12-23-2011, 10:10 PM   #271
sugrue
sugrue began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
Dropbox was one of the first apps that I loaded on my Fire. However, now that I am trying to download the newer version directly from dropbox.com/android, I get a message: "Not Compatible - Dropbox is incompatible with your device. You cannot purchase this app from this device."

Any suggestions?
sugrue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 10:21 PM   #272
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I think I downloaded the apk on my desktop and installed it via Dropbox on my Fire.
carld is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-23-2011, 10:34 PM   #273
sugrue
sugrue began at the beginning.

Thanks, Carld - that worked.
sugrue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 10:35 PM   #274
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugrue View Post
Dropbox was one of the first apps that I loaded on my Fire. However, now that I am trying to download the newer version directly from dropbox.com/android, I get a message: "Not Compatible - Dropbox is incompatible with your device. You cannot purchase this app from this device."

Any suggestions?
I downloaded the app to my dropbox folder on my computer and then installed it from the dropbox app on the fire.
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 03:17 PM   #275
robertc88
Fanatic
robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
http://kindlefireforums.com/kindle-f...r-kindle-fire/

Plex For Android is an app I found in my travels. I did a search and didn't see any matches so I'll just share and if it is already known, then just disregard.

If you do know about it though, please share experiences! Thanks.
robertc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-26-2011, 04:31 AM   #276
salsaguy
Addict
salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Fire (1st Gen), Kindle Touch, KFHD 8.9 No Ads
If you like Pandora music streaming check out Songza.

You will have to sideload it for now

Its got more variety and moods/themes than Pandora

I like it.
salsaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 07:52 PM   #277
salsaguy
Addict
salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

http://www.squidoo.com/kindle-fire-apps-list
Old 12-27-2011, 12:32 PM   #278
Xeddicus
Xeddicus began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by salsaguy View Post
Besides the fact I personally find most of those apps hardly 'must have', the one I did check on (in case it was a newer version), the Dolphin Mini Browser, links to Amazon's Andriod App Store page that doesn't support the Fire.
Xeddicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 08:22 PM   #279
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeddicus View Post
Besides the fact I personally find most of those apps hardly 'must have', the one I did check on (in case it was a newer version), the Dolphin Mini Browser, links to Amazon's Andriod App Store page that doesn't support the Fire.

There are some excellent Apps here, Evernote, Dictionary.com, Pulse, Wi-Fi File Explorer Pro, and The Secret of Grisly Manor just to name a few. Dolphin Mini does work on the Fire. Amazon is playing catch up with App compatibility listings for the Fire. Dolphin Mini can be downloaded here:

http://www.1mobile.com/dolphin-browser-mini-79961.html
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 10:44 AM   #280
Xeddicus
Xeddicus began at the beginning.

Yeah, I already had it, didn't mean to imply it didn't work. Thanks for the tip, though.
Xeddicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 10:53 PM   #281
OllieQueen
OllieQueen began at the beginning.

Missing Book Covers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Yay! So happy it worked for you! We still don't know why it did that in the first place so keep an eye what apps you install in case one of them is the cause.
I'm having this same problem. I'm side-loading books using Calibre. The covers are showing in Calibre but once loaded, they don't show... this is only happening for a few books.

If I do a factory reset, will I need to reload all the books and apps that have been installed?
OllieQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 02:04 AM   #282
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by OllieQueen View Post
I'm having this same problem. I'm side-loading books using Calibre. The covers are showing in Calibre but once loaded, they don't show... this is only happening for a few books.

If I do a factory reset, will I need to reload all the books and apps that have been installed?
A Factory reset will remove it back to out of box conditions so you will have reload everything you added to it.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 05:08 AM   #283
salsaguy
Addict

Sandisk Memory Zone

http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Corpor...5325852&sr=1-1

Great app to manage your ever increasing list of apps taking up too much space on your Fire

Last edited by salsaguy; 12-31-2011 at 05:09 AM. Reason: added name/ typeo
Old 12-31-2011, 12:45 PM   #284
PookaLady
Enthusiast
PookaLady began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo , Kindle 3,Kindle Fire
My favorite game apps are Quell and Quell Reflect.They are both relaxing and at the same time can become challenging.They can be purchased from Az app store for 99cents each.I believe getjar had Quell for free.Check them out.
PookaLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 01:22 PM   #285
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
I decided to give the 90 day trial of the New Yorker Magazine app a try. Figured I could kill it if I didn't like it, but we've been subscibers to the New Yorker for years, but then decided that >$90/year for a Canadian mail subscription was just too much. Well, I'm happy to report that the New Yorker is a pleasure on the Fire, and the app is well designed. So if you've been thinking about it, I'd say go ahead.
CRussel is online now   Reply With Quote