Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 05-14-2011, 07:04 AM   #1
dashto
dashto began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo eReader
Nook color crashing on magazines

Hi folks,

I just downloaded my first magazine and it will not load. The animation happens for opeing and the screen just goes dark. I can get the unit to respond after a few seconds but then it returns to the home screen. Tried a reboot, didn't help. Any suggestions? And if not, anybody know how to cancel a subscription?

Thanks,
Ian
dashto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 08:15 AM   #2
geertm
Guru
geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashto View Post
Hi folks,

I just downloaded my first magazine and it will not load. The animation happens for opeing and the screen just goes dark. I can get the unit to respond after a few seconds but then it returns to the home screen. Tried a reboot, didn't help. Any suggestions? And if not, anybody know how to cancel a subscription?

Thanks,
Ian
Try to archive the magazine, than unarchive it again. That way the NC will download a new copy.
To manage your subscription login to your B&N account on the B&N webpage.
geertm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-14-2011, 05:08 PM   #3
dashto
dashto began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo eReader
Thanks for that suggestion. It did not work. The magazine is Men's Health in case anyone else is having an issue with it.

Any other suggestions would be much appreciated!!! Help!

Thanks,
Ian
dashto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 10:28 AM   #4
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Have you tried to download any other magazines? You might want to contact B&N Customer Support in this case if you can't get it to download eventually.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 05:02 PM   #5
Fraydale
Fraydale began at the beginning.

Device: Nook color
Nook color crashes with magazines.

My nook also started crashing. It is all magazines
That I have. I even downloaded a new magazine. I archived and un archived. Tech support says to reset router but I don't think that that is the issue since I have been at several lcations and still have issues.
Fraydale is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert