Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2010, 11:17 PM   #16
Falcao
Banned
Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
Oh, dear. I'm afraid you seem to have overlooked that little bit in this universe's Karma Contract fineprint that says that "boasting or demanding any kind of recompense of any form for karma automatically pulls the flush-chain on the karmic toilet".
Well Mr M. I'm not demanding any kind of recompense. I'm just asking if it's known who is the biggest karmee.
Old 10-14-2010, 11:25 PM   #17
SameOldStory
My True Self
SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
WAIT A MINUTE!!!!!

Karma don't count?

What the heck have I been so nice to everybody for.

No more MR. Nice guy from now on!
Advert
Old 10-14-2010, 11:33 PM   #18
Salgueiros
Eudaimonia
Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T2, Sony PRS T3, Sony DPT-RP1
no chocolate chip cookies every 5000 karma points?????
Old 10-14-2010, 11:37 PM   #19
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Wait, there's karma???

I better start making better choices in life!

(I've heard karma can come and bite you in the ass, and I have a sensitive arse)

(see how I made this post appropriate for all sorts of English speakers?)
Old 10-15-2010, 12:11 AM   #20
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
They may be too modest to respond.

No surprise it's not anyone who has posted yet.

Last edited by Fbone; 10-15-2010 at 12:21 AM. Reason: reworded
Advert
Old 10-15-2010, 12:16 AM   #21
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcao View Post
Besides satisfying my curiosity?

I don't see what the fuss is about. It's like asking who has the most posts, or who is the oldest active member.
Wait...are you calling DesertGrandma old? I admire your accuracy, but she hates that, and she's got a big stick. Run away! (Hi, DGMa )

Quote:
Well Mr M. I'm not demanding any kind of recompense. I'm just asking if it's known who is the biggest karmee.
No, no, I was talking about that jaxx6166 bloke. Demanding me to bow down and worship him...I mean, what a nerve, hey? Everyone knows I am supreme ruler and High Gibbonate of this temple. (<---emoticon representing my holy uniform)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SameOldStory View Post

What the heck have I been so nice to everybody for.

Because [cough]banhammer[cough].

Cheers,
Marc (just your average karma chameleon)
Old 10-15-2010, 12:29 AM   #22
SameOldStory
My True Self
SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
I dare you!

Besides, I gots too much kurma!
Old 10-15-2010, 12:41 AM   #23
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SameOldStory View Post
I dare you!
~sigh~ I can't. Alex (site-owner) has a karmic-reflector mod-abuse-filter implemented. If I try to exploit my phenomenal cosmic power for petty ends, it comes back eleventy-fold. It makes me want to work on my pain threshold though.

Quote:
Besides, I gots too much kurma!
Me too. I made enough chicken kurma for eight, but seven cancelled (well, technically, they didn't respond), but on the upside I guess I've at least got dinner for the next week.

Cheers,
Marc
Old 10-15-2010, 01:07 AM   #24
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
it might possibly be one of my cats. the older one, Strider, is pretty damn clever. he's been known to really sweet talk some of the ladies
Old 10-15-2010, 01:19 AM   #25
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
Well, I have been mining Karma here in the MobileRead hills for lo on 3 1/2 years.

Now, I don't have the biggest pile of Karma, and my Karma ain't the fanciest, or the prettiest. But it is honest Karma, dug out of these hills post by post, pun by pun, smart ass comment by smart ass comment. I have toiled under the oppressive gaze of the green meanies, and scuttled like a rat avoiding their fearsome bolts of moderation.

Yes, I may not have the most Karma, but it is my Karma. And no matter how humble, there's no place like Aum.
Old 10-15-2010, 01:22 AM   #26
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnageddon View Post
Well, I have been mining Karma here in the MobileRead hills for lo on 3 1/2 years.

Now, I don't have the biggest pile of Karma, and my Karma ain't the fanciest, or the prettiest. But it is honest Karma, dug out of these hills post by post, pun by pun, smart ass comment by smart ass comment. I have toiled under the oppressive gaze of the green meanies, and scuttled like a rat avoiding their fearsome bolts of moderation.

Yes, I may not have the most Karma, but it is my Karma. And no matter how humble, there's no place like Aum.
and by golly don't you deserve some more! cheeto breath and all!!!
Old 10-15-2010, 02:26 AM   #27
Falcao
Banned
Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
Wait...are you calling DesertGrandma old? I admire your accuracy, but she hates that, and she's got a big stick. Run away! (Hi, DGMa )
My selection of words were unfortunate. What I wanted to say is "... it's like asking who has been a member of this forum for the longest time..."
Old 10-15-2010, 02:28 AM   #28
Falcao
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbone View Post
They may be too modest to respond.

No surprise it's not anyone who has posted yet.
I guess they are.
Old 10-15-2010, 03:08 AM   #29
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
My selection of words were unfortunate. What I wanted to say is "... it's like asking who has been a member of this forum for the longest time..."
I know, Falcao. I was just intentionally misusing your words to play an old game (teasing my friend, DGMa, so that she chases me with her stick). Forgive me?
Old 10-15-2010, 03:29 AM   #30
recluse
Banned
recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2
Best not to be seeking karma here.
It's a wicked trap.
They get you hooked on the stuff, taking everything away.
Your intelligence.
Your personality.
Your soul.
And finally, when you're full, the Mods hunt you.
Torment you day and night.
Until you finally can't take it anymore.
Then they take your karma and feed upon it.
Like leeches.
Run now, while you can!
Oh, the humanity! The horror!
Closed Thread