Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 02-26-2008, 05:41 AM   #1
Richard Herley
Author
Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Hello from the UK!

I'm getting quite a few visitors from Mobile Read, so I thought I should join the community and say hello. If you haven't seen this thread, let me explain that I am a writer who has put his books on the Web for anyone to download and read; I ask for payment if (and only if!) the reader enjoys or gains value from the work.

I am committed to this form of distribution, because I think it's the future of publishing, just as E Ink (and its possible descendants) are the future of reading. The present book trade is expensive and inefficient, and it doesn't find and nurture all the best talent. Some people get lucky and find an agent and maybe a publisher; others, equally deserving or more so, are worn down by rejection and disappointment and finally give up, depriving the world of much pleasure and enlightenment.

Nothing should come between the author and reader but the book -- not cynical marketing practices, inflated prices and egos, nor all the rest of the dead weight that's dragging publishing down. Writing is essentially a cottage industry; why not fund it with with small-scale downloads and micropayments?

The career of a writer who loses contact with his or her readers and what they like is doomed to oblivion. One to one contact through email and blogs will keep writers on their toes and give birth to some fantastic books!

I am working on a non-profit scheme to make it much easier for other writers to do what I have done. It'll be a source on the net where you can find exciting new authors and sample their work without risk. With the permission of Mobile Read I'll let everyone know about this soon.

Besides all this, I'm a huge fan of E Ink and look forward to exploring all the resources here and maybe helping out if I can contribute anything worthwhile.
Richard Herley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 12:32 PM   #2
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Richard Herley and welcome to the Forum
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 12:36 PM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Opps, we're glad to have you but I didn't mean to welcome you twice.

Wonder if there is a way to delete a flub like this?

Last edited by MickeyC; 02-26-2008 at 12:40 PM.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 05:46 AM   #4
Richard Herley
Author
Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidym View Post
Opps, we're glad to have you but I didn't mean to welcome you twice.

Wonder if there is a way to delete a flub like this?
Thanks for the welcome -- though I must say I've never been called a flub before ...
Richard Herley is offline   Reply With Quote