Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 03-25-2011, 10:26 AM   #16
TwinmtnNH
TwinmtnNH began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX
I downloaded a set of hundreds of books. (I guess they would have been someone's library. I am new to this.) When I went to add a few of the books I was interested in I saw the doubled author folder in the tree. It didn't look right thus my question. Thanks again for everyone's help.
TwinmtnNH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 10:36 AM   #17
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinmtnNH View Post
I downloaded a set of hundreds of books. (I guess they would have been someone's library. I am new to this.) When I went to add a few of the books I was interested in I saw the doubled author folder in the tree. It didn't look right thus my question. Thanks again for everyone's help.
That means it wasn't really a Calibre issue - just an odd folder structure created by someone else.

As an aside - I have fond memories of Twin Mountain NH, if you're in the town in New Hampshire NE of Franconia Notch.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 07:18 PM   #18
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
For anyone else reading this thread, please do not ask us about libraries that you have questionably downloaded. I don't want to waste my time trying to figure out why someones downloaded crap is crap. Frankly I resent being used in this manner on Mobileread. There are other internet locations where you can discuss your downloaded booty.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 02:29 AM   #19
TwinmtnNH

Starson17
TwinmtnNH is where I lived near Mt Washington before moving south. I miss the area and the beauity of it. Did you live there?

Last edited by TwinmtnNH; 04-01-2011 at 02:33 AM.
Old 04-02-2011, 02:21 PM   #20
TwinmtnNH

Please accept my apology for "wasting your time." Let him who is without sin cast the first stone.
Old 04-02-2011, 02:39 PM   #21
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I suspect that some people may perhaps be thinking that these are books that you downloaded illegally. If you could just give an assurance that it's all legit and above-board, you'll get much more assistance.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 02:55 PM   #22
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
@HarryT - in this particular case they have been given all the assistance they are going to get. It isn't a Calibre issue in the slightest way, regardless of whether the book collection they downloaded was legal or not.

According to what the OP last said the strange folder name paths they are seeing comes from the download, not as a result of doing any activity in Calibre. Had they said that in the first post then the various posters would not have had to waste their time in trying to guess what action caused this within Calibre.
kiwidude is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 03:26 PM   #23
TwinmtnNH

Why get upset by a simple question? When is any question a waste of time? If the forum is set up to help with Calibre, I asked a question to find out what the folder tree looked like inside of Calibre. It was very innocent believe me.
I had hesitated to ask any question in the begining for I have joined a couple of other forums without participating and reading answers there and here sooner or later someone take a holier than thou attitude or make one feel stupid for asking. If everyone is worried about being above board then why are there posts about DRM etc? You won't be troubled any longer by me. Thank you to the people who did try and help.
Old 04-02-2011, 04:19 PM   #24
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
There were 12 posts of responses from 6 different people including myself before you replied to your initial posting. None of which were offensive in any way, all of which were intended to help. Then you post that actually if is someone else's stuff that you have downloaded that you are looking at, and don't in any way indicate it is as the result of activity in Calibre.

So given that you have not at any point responded to any of the questions asked by the people in this thread in their responses in their attempt to help, why would they not feel like they had wasted their time? Particularly if (as was the impression from your last posts) you made it sound like you had just downloaded a bunch of files and it isn't anything to do with Calibre at all? Then you make what appears to be a smart-alec comment above in today in #20 including some sort of biblical quote, followed by a comment just now accusing others of "holier than thou" attitudes? Why wouldn't we get upset by that?

As for DRM - you will find that any posters in the forums here asking about removing it are repeatedly told to look elsewhere. Does that stop people trying to ask? No. So there will always be posts "about DRM". In many cases there are also posts about people wanting to know how to work with DRM, trying to figure out what functionality they can have with Calibre trying to preserve their files. Those are perfectly valid questions to be asking and answered in these forums.
kiwidude is online now   Reply With Quote