Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 10-02-2018, 06:06 PM   #1
MFrob
MFrob began at the beginning.

Device: Generic E-reader
Unable to Bulk Edit Metadata - Keep getting "Error 32"

Hi Community,

I am unable to Bulk-edit epub meta-data in Calibre for several days now. I select several epubs that I have added into Calibre from a folder on my laptop, then I click on "Edit Metadata" and click "swipe title and author". However every time I do this Calibre gives me an error message as follows: "error 32 'Deletefile'. The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process"

I have turned off my anti-virus, uninstalled Calibre 64bit and reinstalled Calibre 32bit but nothing works. I have no storage devices plugged to my laptop so I don't know what software can possibly be processing my epub files when I try to edit the metadata. I don't understand.

I have some screenshots of these problems, please can someone help? Please can anyone help ?
MFrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 07:05 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Is the file open in a viewer?
Is the file Read only? (select the book: tap 'O': right-click for each file: Properties)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-02-2018, 10:00 PM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@MFrob - try restarting Windows.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 07:23 AM   #4
MFrob

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Is the file open in a viewer?
Is the file Read only? (select the book: tap 'O': right-click for each file: Properties)
Hi theducks,

Thanks so much. I right-clicked on the epub files in question. They are not open in any viewer and also the "read only" indicator has not been selected so they are not marked "read only"
Old 10-03-2018, 07:38 AM   #5
MFrob

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
@MFrob - try restarting Windows.

BR
Hi, I have tried doing that twice, shut down my system and restarted Windows, but the issue still persists as of this morning.
Advert
Old 10-03-2018, 08:35 AM   #6
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Try Safe Mode - and kill any tasks you have in startup

Moderator Notice
And please don't post the same issue in multiple threads - See Posting Guideline #3

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 12:33 PM   #7
MFrob

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Try Safe Mode - and kill any tasks you have in startup

And please don't post the same issue in multiple threads - See Posting Guideline #3

BR
Thank you BR, you were right, safe mode worked with no problems with means that I do have a programme on my computer interfering with my Calibre when I try to bulk edit metadata and swipe title with author. I'll have to find it. Thank you so much again.
Old 10-03-2018, 02:11 PM   #8
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
One option to track it down is to use one of the tools from sysinternals.com namely Handle

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sys...wnloads/handle

This lets you track down who has a given file open
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bulk edit metadata, metadata edit, metadata errors