Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 02-23-2010, 03:56 PM   #1
DGReader
DGReader began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Pro
Smile New Sony Reader owner compares ePub sites

Hi. I recently wrote a comparison of various ePub download sites. I honestly didn't know that this was a place to download ePub books, so I didn't include it. I thought it was just a user forum. I'll have to check out the ePub downloads section. If you're interested in a comparison of ePub download sites other than this one, though, you might enjoy my blog post Comparison of EPUB Download Sites - Where to Get the Most Readable eBooks: http://messagesandmeans.danielgreene...ownload-sites/

I look forward to making the most of my Sony Reader Pocket Edition, and I like to share helpful information with others when I can.

Daniel

Last edited by DGReader; 08-24-2012 at 05:00 PM. Reason: Updated URL
DGReader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 04:09 PM   #2
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Welcome Daniel. That certainly seems like a well thought out comparison of epub download sites - I'm sure people will find it helpful.

Try some of the epub's from this site though - in general (and in my opinion), if it's available here, it's better formatted and nearer to error free. The epub's on this site are usually hand-crafted by people who really care and would not want to release anything that they considered to be sub-standard.

Hope you enjoy the site and it certainly seems like you have a lot to add
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-23-2010, 04:57 PM   #3
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
Hello and welcome to MR!!!

happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 07:29 PM   #4
Katti's Cat
Wizard
Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Hi & welcome to MR
Katti's Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 07:43 PM   #5
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Daniel and welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-23-2010, 07:48 PM   #6
Jan J
Enthusiast
Jan J has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Jan J has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Jan J has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Jan J has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Jan J has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS600
Welcome to MR. Nice blog. Enjoyed your observations. I would point out one thing however. You stated that the Sony Store does not have free books. They do offer free books - perhaps you just didn't find them. Not a lot of them, but they are there.
I am going to check out your recommendations.
The downloads here on MR are marvelous. So many dedicated people, it's amazing.
Jan J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 07:17 PM   #7
DGReader

Come to think of it, I did download the President's Economic Report free of charge. But that was the only free book I saw. Do they usually feature just one free book at a time, like the iTunes Store's Free Song of the Week?
Old 02-24-2010, 07:34 PM   #8
Jan J
Enthusiast
Jan J has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Jan J has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Jan J has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Jan J has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Jan J has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS600
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGReader View Post
Come to think of it, I did download the President's Economic Report free of charge. But that was the only free book I saw. Do they usually feature just one free book at a time, like the iTunes Store's Free Song of the Week?
When you go to the Sony Store, click on Bargain Priced in the left side panel. You will see all the free books in the top box. No, they always have way more than just one thing free. There are around 18 or so now.
Jan J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 09:37 AM   #9
DGReader

Thanks for the tip about free books. I really appreciate it!

Tags
blog, comparison, epub, reader, sony