Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

Old 04-21-2012, 12:01 PM   #61
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Of course, I don't vote in the second round unless it's needed to break a tie, but in the first round I'll have to choose between Neil Gaiman, Terry Pratchett, and The King of Elfland's Daughter by Lord Dunsany (Don's write-up on that book makes it seem intensely interesting). And no telling what else will be nominated. Despite my aversion to fantasy, I may actually enjoy this month.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 04:31 PM   #62
Hamlet53
Nameless Being

I am not a big fantasy novel reader, but to move things along I will use my two remaining nominations to put a couple more into the final list.

Mistborn, because I like the concept of a hero failing.

The Hundred Thousand Kingdoms because it is available as an ebook through my local library system. I hope that even though its is the first in a series it can alone be read without a lot of unanswered questions and a hanging plot.
Advert
Old 04-21-2012, 04:44 PM   #63
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
I'll third Oath of Swords, since it's available free at Baen. Unless Neverwhere (which I have as an audiobook) or one of the other free ebooks wins I'll skip this month since fantasy ain't ma thang.
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 05:11 PM   #64
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

And that makes 10. First round of voting coming up shortly.
Old 04-21-2012, 05:43 PM   #65
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

The first voting poll is up and running.
Advert
Old 04-21-2012, 05:58 PM   #66
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: onyx boox poke 2 colour, kindle voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
It's got to be New York. "The city, the city" has to be "New York, New York." Shirley?
Oh yes, Shirley!
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote