Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 06-13-2012, 06:24 PM   #1
citac
Fanatic
citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Tab 2 (Android)
Asus Transformer accessories

I'm thinking of buying an Asus Transformer, but the dock is currently out of my price range. I do have an old, small keyboard that I could use, but I need to find out whether I can actually use it with the help of the external USB kit. Would it work for connecting a keyboard to the transformer, or is it strictly for reading USB memory? Thanks in advance!
citac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 07:27 PM   #2
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by citac View Post
I'm thinking of buying an Asus Transformer, but the dock is currently out of my price range. I do have an old, small keyboard that I could use, but I need to find out whether I can actually use it with the help of the external USB kit. Would it work for connecting a keyboard to the transformer, or is it strictly for reading USB memory? Thanks in advance!
It should work below is a video where the guy is using a USB keyboard and USB mouse. You can also use a bluetooth mouse and keyboard.

One comment folks have made is that the USB adapter is not a snug fit and would not recommend using the USB adapter for day to day activities. If the adapter port breaks you will not be able to charge your device.

=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-14-2012, 02:25 PM   #3
citac
Fanatic
citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Tab 2 (Android)
Oh, thank you very much for that advice! I will look into finding a bluetooth keyboard then since I would like to use it more often for typing blog entries and light text editing and don't want to risk damaging the port. Importing the tablet here will not be cheap, so the less items I need to order, the better.
citac is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
asus transformer