Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-17-2010, 10:38 PM   #1
nannye
nannye began at the beginning.

Device: sony e reader
Can i transfer my epub books from a sony to an ipad?

Is this possible?
I have a sony 650 and am considering getting an ipad in the future, I'd love to be able to read my books on the ipad, i know the epub format is supported on the ipad, but is it possible to transfer the books to the ipad?
nannye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 10:54 PM   #2
SHOECHICK
Addict
SHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheese

Device: Red Sony 505 and Ipad
Yep. There are a couple of apps that will do that already and Sony is supposed to be bringing it's app out in December
SHOECHICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-17-2010, 11:02 PM   #3
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Bluefire is probably the best app that can read Adobe ePubs, but, as SHOECHICK said, there are now several others with more coming.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 12:15 AM   #4
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
I did it using the iBooks app when I had an iPad this summer. It was quite easy. I used iTunes to transfer the EPUBs.
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 02:49 AM   #5
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by doreenjoy View Post
I did it using the iBooks app when I had an iPad this summer. It was quite easy. I used iTunes to transfer the EPUBs.
Could you let us know please how the books appeared? I understand that the iPad is not entirely compliant with the ePub standards.

Regards, Alex
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-18-2010, 12:12 PM   #6
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
I second the recommendation for the Bluefire app for DRM'ed EPUBs.

Another option for non-DRM'ed EPUBs is the Apple iBooks app. Here is an explanation from Apple on how to use iTunes to load EPUBs into iBooks.
http://www.apple.com/itunes/itunes-n...to-ibooks.html
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 05:07 PM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBell View Post
Could you let us know please how the books appeared? I understand that the iPad is not entirely compliant with the ePub standards.

Regards, Alex
Please do not call iBooks the iPad. iBooks is but an app. It is not the iPad. How eBooks look with iBooks is not the only way they will look on the iPad. There are other apps for reading eBooks for the iPad. And some are better then iBooks such as Bluefire Reader.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 05:08 PM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
I second the recommendation for the Bluefire app for DRM'ed EPUBs.

Another option for non-DRM'ed EPUBs is the Apple iBooks app. Here is an explanation from Apple on how to use iTunes to load EPUBs into iBooks.
http://www.apple.com/itunes/itunes-n...to-ibooks.html
You can use Bluefire for DRM free ePub as well and never actually use iBooks.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 06:13 PM   #9
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
Bluefire wasn't available (AFAIK) when I had my iPad.

The books looked fine from what I saw. I opened probably 50 different titles and paged through them.
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 03:52 AM   #10
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by doreenjoy View Post
Bluefire wasn't available (AFAIK) when I had my iPad.

The books looked fine from what I saw. I opened probably 50 different titles and paged through them.
Thanks

Regards, Alex
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote