Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-22-2013, 05:04 PM   #16
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldilocks View Post
As I said above: It is my fault for not checking it to begin with...but Targets fault for not verifying the correct item was in the package upon return.
I think with the pharmacy item I had the problem with, it hadn't been a return, just some customer switched packages in the store. Fortunately I would have been out less than $5 if the store hadn't agreed to a refund.

After reading about your experience with the Sony reader, I will definitely plan to check the box for any future large $ purchases!
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 05:08 PM   #17
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The only time I would not check the box is if I was giving it as a gift and the gift would be opened in time for me to return/exchange if something was wrong. If it was for me, I'd have the box open ASAP. But if it was something being given as a gift and not in time to exchange/return, I'd open it regardless that it is a gift.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-23-2013, 10:59 AM   #18
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldilocks View Post
As I said above: It is my fault for not checking it to begin with...but Targets fault for not verifying the correct item was in the package upon return.
True but in fairness to Target if the thief (they stole a T1 right?) told the sales associate that they didn't open it why would they then open it to check? If they looked at the box and it had a seal on it that to them didn't appear tampered with, them now opening it would make it an open box unit right? It's not new & sealed anymore.

The poor schlep behind the counter is damned if they do and damned if they don't.

***side story

I went to Walmart to return 3 large Cabbage Patch Kids after Christmas. Parents didn't want them. It was years ago in Canada. The bleepity bleep behind the counter actually accused me of stealing them. ?!?!!? Seriously where am I going to hide 3 large boxed Cabbage Patch Kids?? This fool muttered insulting crap under her breath & even felt the boxes which were cold because they'd been in my car all day while I was at work!!!

Just because the frigging fool at the door didn't do his job and sticker the bags with a return tag she had the audacity to accuse me of stealing them. Seriously woman, where was I going to hide 3 Cabbage Patch kids under my clothes to steal them with a false return that nobody is going to see me doing it or notice these odd shapes under my clothes?? Gimme a break!

I have never darkened that particular store ever again!
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 06:53 AM   #19
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
At the stage you are at - and yes, it was your fault, I'm afraid - if you don't "shout", they definitely won't hear you, and if you don't make a nuisance of yourself, they won't get fed-up with you, and see you right, just to get rid of you ....

Always kick up a fuss if you want to be taken notice of, especially if you feel you really are in the right.
Depends on how much you enjoy standing up for your rights - although, I have to say, in this case, the consumer's ground you stand on is, well, decidedly swampy !

[ But mentions of "ninety days etc..." being generous, makes me realise how fortunate we are in the UK , with our Sale of Goods Act, which gives us a goodly raft of consumer protection. We seem to have taken Ralph Nader a bit more to heart .... ]
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 06:04 AM   #20
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR (rooted) & Sony T2
That sucks. If you're stuck with the 600, what I suggest you do is get a really bold font to make it clearer. Heavy Caecilia is best but not free. It is beyond bold. Then strip drm from your books and recompile them in calibre with the heavy / bold font. And get a book light. The combination of book light and heavy font will probably make the thing usable. Alternatively try and sell the thing and get something better.
Rizla is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-30-2013, 03:27 PM   #21
david8866
Zealot
david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Sorry to hear your trouble. I am just curious and I don't think I can offer any help. Did you notice the box was opened and resealed? I can't image there was any 600 left in the assemble line, because 650 was the next generation to 600, and then T1. When Target cleared out T1 (to make room for Apple), it also was time T2 in production, wasn't it?
david8866 is offline   Reply With Quote