Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-15-2012, 10:14 PM   #16
scrapking
Evangelist
scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookeysgirl View Post
I'm hoping to grab a couple gift cards for my stepdaughter for christmas this year and save a couple bucks while doing it.
I've been buying and stockpiling them for weeks now. I rarely get given gift cards, so I've only been buying them off the site. Though I don't think I'd hesitate to sell them a gift card if it were for a store that I didn't patronise.
scrapking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 02:38 PM   #17
scrapking
Evangelist
scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Just wanted to mention I'm heading into town to buy a Kobo Arc (a 64GB model if they have one), and I'm doing so entirely with gift cards. I'll have effectively saved about $30 on it, which is kind of nice on hardware that was only released yesterday.
Old 11-17-2012, 05:13 PM   #18
ArmorDog
Connoisseur
ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wifi and Kobo Touch and Kobo Glo and Kobo H20
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapking View Post
Just wanted to mention I'm heading into town to buy a Kobo Arc (a 64GB model if they have one), and I'm doing so entirely with gift cards. I'll have effectively saved about $30 on it, which is kind of nice on hardware that was only released yesterday.
Nooo! Stop being unethical!
ArmorDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 05:57 PM   #19
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmorDog View Post
Nooo! Stop being unethical!
Or is it immoral?
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 10:17 AM   #20
Danger
Evangelist
Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2 (retired), Kobo Touch (passed to the wife), KGlo, Galaxy TabPro
Yes very unethical to be saving money like that... now if only they would have some Lee Valley Tools gift cards. Of course then I'd have to go all the way down to Colwood to use them, then I'd have to stop in Duncan and fuel up where the gas is $0.07 cheaper than here. It's a hard life but I guess someone has to live it
Danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 10:47 AM   #21
Ninjalawyer
Guru
Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nexus 7 (2013)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackastor View Post
Because they buy the cards for far less the face value this makes it unethical and preys on desperation of people in a bind.
Totally agree with this.

My friend told me he was going garage saling with his wife yesterday and I couldn't believe my ears. Didn't he know that buying cheap stuff might be taking advantage of the people running the garage sale if they're in a bad situation?! This is exactly why I buy everything direct from the manufacturer; you never know when you might accidentally be taking advantage of someone without even knowing it (or without them even knowing it).

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapking View Post
I have to admit, I threw up a little when I read this. How can someone so openly flout their moral depravity?! Disgusting.

Last edited by Ninjalawyer; 11-18-2012 at 10:49 AM.
Ninjalawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 12:37 PM   #22
Matth79
Zealot
Matth79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matth79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matth79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matth79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matth79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matth79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matth79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matth79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matth79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matth79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matth79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
Another example (UK) if you buy gift cards at Morrisons (for many stores) you get a 1p/litre discount voucher for petrol for every £10 you spend, so for anything you were going to spend anyway at one of the many giftcard partners, you can giftcard it and save on fuel at Morrisons - doesn't seem to be any limit, so if you giftcarded a £500 spend, you'd save 50p/liter on petrol - so how much you actually save depends on how big & how empty your tank is.
PS. sure there must be some ebook tech/ebook suppliers in the partner list
Matth79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 05:16 PM   #23
nogle
Gangnam style!
nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjalawyer View Post
Totally agree with this.

My friend told me he was going garage saling with his wife yesterday and I couldn't believe my ears. Didn't he know that buying cheap stuff might be taking advantage of the people running the garage sale if they're in a bad situation?! This is exactly why I buy everything direct from the manufacturer; you never know when you might accidentally be taking advantage of someone without even knowing it (or without them even knowing it).
Quite immoral buying from a manufacturer! Don't you realize they are buying raw materials cheap then adding a mark up to sell to you. They are just taking advantage of raw material producers that are in a bad way.

The only moral thing to do is to dig your own minerals, grow your own crops, and make all your own goods.
nogle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 10:12 PM   #24
scrapking
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by nogle View Post
Quite immoral buying from a manufacturer! Don't you realize they are buying raw materials cheap then adding a mark up to sell to you. They are just taking advantage of raw material producers that are in a bad way.

The only moral thing to do is to dig your own minerals, grow your own crops, and make all your own goods.
Wow, I've got to say you people are opening my eyes here!
Old 11-19-2012, 04:24 AM   #25
ashan
Connoisseur
ashan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: could be Kobo Glo or KPW
I do surveys and swagbucks on my spare time so most of the time I have vouchers or try to decide which voucher I should go for.
I ordered now 70£ of Sainsbury's gift cards to go in the store and buy 70£ of WHsmith giftcards (I know, a bit of a hassle) and I will add to that 20£ of Whsmith from a mobile phone app that bakes me money
= Kobo Glo for 9.99

P.S. I think I am thick, don't understand that unethical rambling thing...
ashan is offline   Reply With Quote