Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-05-2010, 07:42 AM   #1
Sheikspeare
Groupie
Sheikspeare has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Sheikspeare has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Sheikspeare has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PR-505 / Kindle DX
Two-Point-Five NOW!

Hey Amazon,

If you're out there listening, STOP dangling the update -- you're killing us!

DELIVER!!

Browse, select file and upload, and we're away....
Sheikspeare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 10:09 AM   #2
Anarel
Evangelist
Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.

Device: K1, GKDX, K3
Dude!

Don't do that, I'd thought you'd found it!
Anarel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-05-2010, 11:44 AM   #3
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anarel View Post
Dude!

Don't do that, I'd thought you'd found it!
Well, *I* haven't found a copy of 2.5 for K2US. I guess if you're not an "i", you just don't exist to Amazon any more. SIGH.

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 12:19 PM   #4
robb01
Connoisseur
robb01 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I want it too!
robb01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 01:14 PM   #5
whitearrow
Guru
whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
Yeah, TRULY a horrible thread title, OP.

And yelling at Amazon on a forum they don't read is unlikely to work.
whitearrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-05-2010, 02:08 PM   #6
Sheikspeare
Groupie
Sheikspeare has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Sheikspeare has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Sheikspeare has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PR-505 / Kindle DX
Whitearrow,

Does the phrase 'tongue-in-cheek mean' anything to you?
Sheikspeare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 04:26 PM   #7
whitearrow
Guru
whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
Sure it does. It means humor, or sarcasm, or something not to be taken seriously.

Nothing about the heading "Two-Point-Five NOW!" when seen in the forum display indicates that it's tongue in cheek. Especially given the focus on finding a 2.5 .bin file over the past week or so.
whitearrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 06:14 PM   #8
divory
divory began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad, Gen3, Sony 700, Opus, PB360
2.5 is now!

I opened my DXi this evening - i had not used it for a few days - and something looked strange. i looked again and I had 2.5 installed. i had left the wireless on when I last used it.

I have now put my books into collections. it only look a few minutes and it is as useful as folders, rather like the collections in the PRS 700. I am sure that there are other advantages but until we get colour illustrations there is nothing more I would want.

I live in the UK.
divory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 06:56 PM   #9
Snapply
Connoisseur
Snapply began at the beginning.

Device: Amazozn Kindlezz
Quote:
Originally Posted by divory View Post
I opened my DXi this evening - i had not used it for a few days - and something looked strange. i looked again and I had 2.5 installed. i had left the wireless on when I last used it.

I have now put my books into collections. it only look a few minutes and it is as useful as folders, rather like the collections in the PRS 700. I am sure that there are other advantages but until we get colour illustrations there is nothing more I would want.

I live in the UK.
how can the vile and pedantic brits get the update before us?
Snapply is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 07:10 PM   #10
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapply View Post
how can the vile and pedantic brits get the update before us?
Every experiment needs guinea pigs!
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 07:28 PM   #11
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
Lots of people on Amazon got it today. And yeah, lousy title!
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 07:48 PM   #12
JohnnyTToxic
Connoisseur
JohnnyTToxic will become famous soon enoughJohnnyTToxic will become famous soon enoughJohnnyTToxic will become famous soon enoughJohnnyTToxic will become famous soon enoughJohnnyTToxic will become famous soon enoughJohnnyTToxic will become famous soon enough

Device: Amazon Kindle 2 International
Yea, saw that myself. Jealous... At least one was a K2i too.

I wish there was a way to get in touch with people directly through the Amazon forums...

I was hoping to get 2.5 to you (and everyone else) before you take off.
JohnnyTToxic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 08:33 PM   #13
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
Ah Johnny, my hero! Maybe it will happen....
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 08:43 PM   #14
Teyrnon
Groupie
Teyrnon has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Teyrnon has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Teyrnon has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Teyrnon has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: jetBook, Kindle DX, Kindle 3, Kindle Fire, Nook Simple Touch
Just got home and looked at my Kindle DX US. First thing I noticed was that the menus were different. At some point today it got updated to 2.5. Not sure I'm all the enamored of it so far.

Anyrate, I'm usually one of the last to get an update over the wireless so I figure if I got it today a slew of others probably already have it too.
Teyrnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 08:52 PM   #15
JohnnyTToxic
Connoisseur
JohnnyTToxic will become famous soon enoughJohnnyTToxic will become famous soon enoughJohnnyTToxic will become famous soon enoughJohnnyTToxic will become famous soon enoughJohnnyTToxic will become famous soon enoughJohnnyTToxic will become famous soon enough

Device: Amazon Kindle 2 International
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teyrnon View Post
Just got home and looked at my Kindle DX US. First thing I noticed was that the menus were different. At some point today it got updated to 2.5.
Do you feel up to trying to recover the .bin upgrade file?
JohnnyTToxic is offline   Reply With Quote