Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 04-19-2011, 06:32 PM   #1
vote_gough
Edge User

Apple Newton Emulator on Entourage?

Today I found out that somebody has ported the only Apple Newton emulator, Open Einstein, to Android and has supplied an .APK file.
I was wondering if anyone would be able to check if it works of the EE or PE because if it does it would allow handwriting recognition and access to several pen based programs from the platform. The main page doesn't mention the Android port but it is listed in the download section.
http://code.google.com/p/einstein/

Last edited by vote_gough; 04-19-2011 at 06:36 PM.

Old 04-20-2011, 02:02 PM   #2
Szeipusz
Edge User

I have an EE and for me it force closes every time.

Advert
Old 04-20-2011, 06:37 PM   #3
vote_gough
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szeipusz View Post
I have an EE and for me it force closes every time.
Oh, I should have mentioned it needs a newton ROM file. I'll try and find a link to a website for it.

Old 04-25-2011, 07:08 PM   #4
vote_gough
Edge User

Update on that ROM file, it is possible to get the debug image working on other versions of the emulator but so far it isn't working on the Android port so unless they update the app or if anyone here has a Newton to obtain a ROM from, looks like we're out of luck.

Old 04-25-2011, 10:30 PM   #5
visigraf
Edge User

Thumbs up I have a Newton

I have a Newton. What do I need to do to help bring a Newton Emulator app to my Entourage Edge and to help you interested fellow Entourage forumites? Will taking its ROM out destroy the Newton?

Advert
Old 04-26-2011, 07:43 AM   #6
vote_gough
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by visigraf View Post
I have a Newton. What do I need to do to help bring a Newton Emulator app to my Entourage Edge and to help you interested fellow Entourage forumites? Will taking its ROM out destroy the Newton?
Its mentioned in the manual, but by the looks of it you'll need a mac to dump the rom out of it. There might be another way through Windows or Linux but I'm not too sure about the process. It won't damage the Newton at all since it is just copying it with software. Here's the link to the manual:
http://einstein.googlecode.com/files/UserManual.pdf

Old 05-09-2011, 09:29 PM   #7
vote_gough
Edge User

Has anyone had any luck with this?