Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2011, 11:57 AM   #1
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
0.4.903 (0.5 beta) Avaliable

I've taken all of the feedback from the 0.4.902 thread and I've fixed some of the issues. New beta builds (0.4.903) are up.

Here are the open issues reported that will be fixed before 0.5 is released:
  • Selecting 'None' as the dict seems to still use an empty dictionary, after restarting with 'None' selected, it defaulted to the German (first item) on the next launch.
  • The spell check does not seem to deal with 'fancy' quotation marks.
  • Issue 1127: Inline spellchecker cannot handle accents.
  • Supplied dictionaries should be installed with the program not in the user's home directory by default.
  • F&R Results message not plural response.

Here is a list of feature requests that my not be implemented before 0.5:
  • Search does not wrap around.
  • Search does not highlight matches in the document.

The majority of the changes that went into 0.4.903 were related to Find and Replace. Let me know about any issues.
Old 12-18-2011, 12:53 PM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Looking good!

Windows Vista 32-bit:

F&R (in all modes) doesn't seem to recognize the "left single-quote" character but it does recognize the right single-quote (apostrophe).

You can, of course, find those left single quotes with \x{2018} using regex, but that seems like overkill for what will ultimately be a fairly commonly used character in ebooks.
Advert
Old 12-18-2011, 12:59 PM   #3
user_none
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
F&R (in all modes) doesn't seem to recognize the "left single-quote" character...
This ` character?
Old 12-18-2011, 01:14 PM   #4
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
It's kind of hard to tell. As long as that's not a back-tick (grave) character, then probably yes.

It's the unicode equivalent of ‘ U+2018.
Old 12-18-2011, 01:40 PM   #5
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
Thanks for the updated beta. Good choice of Normal/Case Sensitive for the drop down.

Search does highlight (i.e. Find next highlights the matched word). Do you mean replace as discussed?
Advert
Old 12-18-2011, 02:17 PM   #6
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
This is ‘: ‘
Old 12-18-2011, 04:54 PM   #7
WS64
WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura / PB Lux 2 / Bookeen Frontlight / Kobo Mini / Nook Color
How do I change the language of the gui?

It installed in (my native) German without asking me, however I prefer to have it in English.

Changing (well, here you have it, I have no idea how it is in the English version) "Bearbeiten/Einstellungen/Sprache/Standard-Sprache des Meta Editors" does not change anything. Actually it was even selected when I first went there.

I guess in English it is "Edit/Options/Language/standard language of the meta editor". But because I do not want to guess these things I prefer my software to be in English.
Old 12-18-2011, 05:01 PM   #8
WS64
WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Looking deeper into it it seems it is a mixup of English and German I have here...

For example the menus are all German, except "Format" and "Quick Settings", a right click into the source code shows me English text (including "Add to diciontary" sic!)
Old 12-18-2011, 05:09 PM   #9
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by WS64 View Post
How do I change the language of the gui?

It installed in (my native) German without asking me, however I prefer to have it in English.

Changing (well, here you have it, I have no idea how it is in the English version) "Bearbeiten/Einstellungen/Sprache/Standard-Sprache des Meta Editors" does not change anything. Actually it was even selected when I first went there.

I guess in English it is "Edit/Options/Language/standard language of the meta editor". But because I do not want to guess these things I prefer my software to be in English.
Uninstall first. Re innstall.
The first installer question is Language (prompted to system)
Old 12-18-2011, 05:26 PM   #10
WS64

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Uninstall first. Re innstall.
The first installer question is Language (prompted to system)
Nope.
I tried.
No language question.

During installation I see these windows:
- Welcome
- License agreement
- Start menu folder
- Ready to install
- Installing
- Completing

Tried on Win7/64bit.
I had 0.4.2 installed in English before (not sure if there was a choice at all to install it in other languages)

Another error in the German translation: Instead of "Suchen & Ersetzen" it shows "Suchen amp; Ersetzen".

I'm gonna install 0.4.2 again, I don't like Sigil in German at all.

Last edited by WS64; 12-18-2011 at 05:48 PM.
Old 12-18-2011, 06:59 PM   #11
Serpentine
Evangelist
Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
Looks good so far, S&R layout is much more friendly

Not too sure that the results text needs to be removed tho, it's not really clutter.
Old 12-18-2011, 07:02 PM   #12
user_none

Language cannot be changed and it is based upon your system locale. If you really don't want your native language you can delete the appropriate .qm file from the install directory. There is a mix of English and German in WS64's case because not all strings have been translated yet. A small number were added and changed between this and the previous beta.
Old 12-18-2011, 07:03 PM   #13
user_none

Quote:
Originally Posted by meme View Post
Search does highlight (i.e. Find next highlights the matched word). Do you mean replace as discussed?
I mean highlighting all matches say in yellow so you can scan though and see all matched instances.
Old 12-18-2011, 07:33 PM   #14
jbacelar
Interested in the matter
jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook InkPad 3
Windows XP.

Editing TOC. Fill any date (publication or modification or creation). Sigil crashed.
Old 12-18-2011, 07:48 PM   #15
user_none

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbacelar View Post
Editing TOC. Fill any date (publication or modification or creation). Sigil crashed.
Do you mean the metadata editor? Also, is Sigil translated or is it in English? If translated what language?
Closed Thread