Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 07-06-2011, 02:19 PM   #1
karlbx
karlbx began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Duplicate pages converting PDF in Mobi

Help! Mobipocket Creator usually does okay with my PDF picture book images, but now duplicates random pages in the layout. (I really only need EPUB, but Calibre does worse things to my picture book PDFs).
karlbx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 02:26 PM   #2
karlbx

Oh, please, someone help! I've downloaded and installed the newest Mobi Creator and it is still making duplicate pages (now it is also inserting blank pages and splitting up images/pages into 4 or more sections--as if they were each a page).
Is Mobi cursed? When I reload--even replace my PDF files with a different name, the Mobi READER insists on reading it under the old name (old errors included). HELP, please, please HELP! HELP!!
Advert
Old 07-11-2011, 12:59 PM   #3
karlbx

So, I'm clearly only reaching me (no responses yet). I thought I had a solution--saving the HTML file mobi made of my PDF images (all I have are images; it's a picture book). But the HTML file now has gaps/blank pages. Anyone? Anyone?? (really, at this point I'll take a response from the forum janitor)
Old 07-11-2011, 02:42 PM   #4
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
It is likely that the pages include blank lines or margin definitions that exceed the page size. Also what are the image dimensions in pixels? What are you using to create the mobi file? How are you creating the html file? Can you post one page of the source?

Dale

Last edited by DaleDe; 07-11-2011 at 02:44 PM.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 11:51 AM   #5
karlbx

Thank you Dale for boldly going...
I'm using InDesignCS 3 (too old to have EPUB capability) to convert photoshop and sometimes JPG files into PDF. From there, I convert the PDF to Mobi (from there, I convert the Mobi to EPUB using Calibre). There are bleeds in the InDesign Layout, but I thought those would be cut off in the PDF output (there are red bleed lines in InDesign--I always assumed they cut off the image outside).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1titlepage-jf.jpg
Views:	370
Size:	1,021.9 KB
ID:	74396  
Advert
Old 07-15-2011, 03:42 PM   #6
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by karlbx View Post
Thank you Dale for boldly going...
I'm using InDesignCS 3 (too old to have EPUB capability) to convert photoshop and sometimes JPG files into PDF. From there, I convert the PDF to Mobi (from there, I convert the Mobi to EPUB using Calibre). There are bleeds in the InDesign Layout, but I thought those would be cut off in the PDF output (there are red bleed lines in InDesign--I always assumed they cut off the image outside).
That image is much too large for efficient use in ePUB. Here is a thread on using IDCS3 for this task. https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=123439
Perhaps it will help.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote