Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 08-30-2014, 12:26 AM   #376
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
It does know how many pages - what page number out of total pages in current chapter. I use the mini status bar and it shows this info.
It doesn't know the pages in the entire book though just pages in each chapter. You can however navigate by percentage but the best way is to just bookmark the page to get back to it.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 01:03 PM   #377
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
It does know the total number of pages - go to book information and it shows a lot of info about the book. But bookmarking is the best way to return to a specific page - if you change the font size, the number of pages changes. Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1409418197309.jpg
Views:	587
Size:	363.6 KB
ID:	127526
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-06-2014, 04:16 AM   #378
CheriePie
Connoisseur
CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Samsung Galaxy S23+, Galaxy Tab S6
Hiya! This seems to be a nice fairly active thread with good peeps where questions re Moon+ are discussed so I figured I'd throw this out here rather than starting a new thread.

When I connect from Moon+ to the OPDS Server running on my PC via Calibre, it's not showing me any titles that have only MOBI or AZW3 formats. I was under the impression that Moon+ can handle these files fine, and I even verified that manually, so why aren't they showing up via the OPDS listing?

As an FYI, when I use Calibre Companion to connect to the OPDS, it shows all the books, including the ones with only MOBI or AZW3 formats that aren't showing up when viewed thru Moon+.

I guess before emailing the developer about this, I just wanted to verify that there's not a setting in Moon+ I'm not seeing, and/or that others have this same behavior.
CheriePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 01:02 AM   #379
Dendrobite
Dendrobite began at the beginning.

Device: Note 10.1 (2014)
Question SD Card

I just upgraded to a Note 10.1 2014 edition and when I tried to load up my books from my SD card I got this message saying "failed to set main folder to Storage/extSdCard/Books"
There's also a note below that for KitKat users but I'm running JellyBean.

This was never an issue with my old Tab.

Any Help would be greatly appreciated
Dendrobite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 04:55 AM   #380
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dendrobite View Post
I just upgraded to a Note 10.1 2014 edition and when I tried to load up my books from my SD card I got this message saying "failed to set main folder to Storage/extSdCard/Books"
There's also a note below that for KitKat users but I'm running JellyBean.

This was never an issue with my old Tab.

Any Help would be greatly appreciated
You're best bet is to move the folder to internal storage and that should work. I would contact the developer so he can work on the issue.
Advert
Old 09-19-2014, 08:39 PM   #381
diremommy
Zealot
diremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Zenpad S 8, iPad mini 2
Has anyone else noticed an issue lately with Moon+ loading really slow when you first open it? Page turns and all are fine, but it always takes a good 10 seconds to start, with the little round loading icon running.
diremommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 09:03 PM   #382
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

No issues here like that. I was just reading on it.
Old 09-28-2014, 12:03 PM   #383
japinder
jp
japinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Onyx Boox Note Air, Remarkable 1, Kindle Oasis 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by diremommy View Post
Has anyone else noticed an issue lately with Moon+ loading really slow when you first open it? Page turns and all are fine, but it always takes a good 10 seconds to start, with the little round loading icon running.
Same here, on my Onyx Boox M96. Moon+ starts, displays a black screen for 10-15 seconds & only then opens the page.

The default reader is instantaneous.
japinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 07:43 PM   #384
roninmedia
Enthusiast
roninmedia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roninmedia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roninmedia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roninmedia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roninmedia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roninmedia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roninmedia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roninmedia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roninmedia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roninmedia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roninmedia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab 2
Do book covers not show up full screen for anyone else in Moon+? Every since version 2.5.3 and up, book covers probably show up in a quarter of the screen when I open a book.
roninmedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 08:45 PM   #385
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diremommy View Post
It's fine on my Nexus 7 and my T62.
Old 11-16-2014, 10:26 AM   #386
Gonesimera
Gonesimera began at the beginning.

Device: Galaxy tab 3
Text Reflow

I have the Moon+ reader pro on a Galaxy tab 3, when I load a pdf book and go into text reflow, there is no option to change page.

I can only come out of text flow and change page, but that does not always stay on the next page and is inconvenient.

Does anybody know how to change page from within text flow?

mantano reader premium does this very well, but I prefer to use only one app, not many apps.

Last edited by Gonesimera; 11-16-2014 at 10:27 AM. Reason: spelling
Gonesimera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 10:48 AM   #387
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonesimera View Post
I have the Moon+ reader pro on a Galaxy tab 3, when I load a pdf book and go into text reflow, there is no option to change page.

I can only come out of text flow and change page, but that does not always stay on the next page and is inconvenient.

Does anybody know how to change page from within text flow?

mantano reader premium does this very well, but I prefer to use only one app, not many apps.
What do you mean by "option to change page"? I just tap the screen to change pages like any other type of document.
Old 11-16-2014, 11:53 AM   #388
Gonesimera

Quote:
What do you mean by "option to change page"? I just tap the screen to change pages like any other type of document.
No, that does not work for me when in text flow mode.
Old 11-16-2014, 12:12 PM   #389
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonesimera View Post
No, that does not work for me when in text flow mode.
Strange. I tried it just before I replied, so I know it does work for me. Works on both my Nexus 7 and Nexus 5.
Old 11-16-2014, 12:20 PM   #390
Gonesimera

Quote:
Strange. I tried it just before I replied, so I know it does work for me. Works on both my Nexus 7 and Nexus 5.
Yes, very strange....

It lets me scroll to the bottom of the page, but does not let me get to the next page unless I come out of Text flow mode.

maybe my settings are wrong!