Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Kindle Books

Notices

Old 06-10-2008, 01:43 PM   #61
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Any book published in the US prior to 1923 is in the public domain in the US, so that's just the two Agatha Christie's that you've found.

In most of the rest of the world, books enter the public domain at the start of the year following either the 50th or the 70th anniversary of the author's death. Agatha Christie died in 1976, so the rest of her books won't enter the public domain in "life + 50" countries until 2027, and in "life + 70" countries until 2047. I'll leave you to check the other authors.

Over 50 of Agatha Christie's books are, however, available as very reasonably-priced eBooks at any decent eBook store - eg FictionWise.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 02:34 PM   #62
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Thanks!

I was wondering what the formula was. Clear, understandable answer.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-10-2008, 04:06 PM   #63
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
I'd like to have HarryT (in all his spare time -- snork) do the D'Artagnan Romances in Mobi some time. I keep seeing it in the lrf format and try to get it on my Kindle with no luck. So:

pleasepleasepleasepleaseplease

I'm willing to debase myself further if necessary. 8?)
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 04:02 AM   #64
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

On the list to be re-done for both Sony and Mobi.
Old 06-11-2008, 09:07 AM   #65
pshrynk
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
On the list to be re-done for both Sony and Mobi.
You need me to come over to your house and wash dishes while you're concentrating on this, the most important of all tasks?
Advert
Old 06-11-2008, 09:12 AM   #66
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
you can come over and wash my dishes whenever you want, pshrynk. i hate washing dishes. i'll read out loud to you while you wash, if you like. i'll even let you choose the book.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 10:32 AM   #67
pshrynk

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
you can come over and wash my dishes whenever you want, pshrynk. i hate washing dishes. i'll read out loud to you while you wash, if you like. i'll even let you choose the book.
Yes, but there is no Three Musketeers for my Kindle at the end of the washing up!
Old 06-13-2008, 07:51 AM   #68
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Actually, I could use someone here to do the laundry. I do not like folding and putting away the clothes.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 09:16 AM   #69
pshrynk

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Actually, I could use someone here to do the laundry. I do not like folding and putting away the clothes.
Sorry, Wolf. It's not you. Really.

I'd just rather hang out in ZP's apartment being read to as I do her dishes.

It's a really scary thing that I'd rather hang out with HarryT, doing his dishes while he does the D'Artagnan books.
Old 06-13-2008, 09:22 AM   #70
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Ladies and gentleman - the "lounge" is the appropriate place for off-topic discussions. Please keep this thread for what the title says - requests for Mobi books.

Thank you.

[Moderator]
Old 07-20-2008, 02:58 AM   #71
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
The Daughter of Time by Josephine Tey

I'd love to have this book in mobipocket format - free or not.

It was published in the UK in 1951, and the author died in 1952. Is it in the public domain yet?

Regards, Alex
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 05:53 AM   #72
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

It is in the public domain in Canada, but not in the UK.
Old 07-25-2008, 01:11 AM   #73
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Thanks, Harry. I understand that other book by Jacqueline Tey have been made into ebooks, so I'll keep looking.

Regards, Alex
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 07:49 AM   #74
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Several of Josephine Tey's books have recently appeared on PG Australia. I've converted them for our upload section.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 05:38 AM   #75
Polyglot27
Addict
Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Gen3, Archos 80 G9, Sony PRS-650, Sony T1, Asus MemoPad.
Has "My Secret Life" by Walter been converted to e-text yet? The first edition was published privately 1888-1892 in Brussels. Grove Press brought out a complete edition in 1966 in the US, and Arrow Books published all 11 books in 3 volumes in 1994 in the UK.
Polyglot27 is offline   Reply With Quote