Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 05-14-2008, 05:33 PM   #1
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Apple MID?

Don't you just love Apple re-re-re-re-rumors?

How about an Apple MID/UMPC?

http://www.macrumors.com/2008/05/14/...e-mini-tablet/

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 10:13 AM   #2
Gester
Enthusiast
Gester began at the beginning.

Device: TX :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Don't you just love Apple re-re-re-re-rumors?

How about an Apple MID/UMPC?

http://www.macrumors.com/2008/05/14/...e-mini-tablet/

BOb
Wow, this has been a rumor at every apple conference for the last two years, so I think it is worth taking with a grain of salt. Then again, so was the iPhone...

And here I was looking forward to buying an Astak Mentor...hmmm...

I'm not slavishly devoted to eink displays. If I can get a device with a 6" or better screen, book abilities and PDA function, I might have to go for it. Of course, it will be expensive as hell...
Gester is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-16-2008, 10:09 AM   #3
astrodad
Guru
astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Paperwhite 1, iPad, iPhone
Can anyone tell me (or show me a link) on how these atom-based computing devices are supposed to work?
astrodad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 10:21 AM   #4
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
The generic MID/UMPC segment is covered well by UMPC Portal. They currently have an article on the Aigo MID which is one of the 1st devices with the Atom microprocessor. In the US dynamism sells a range of UMPC's, but none of them currently for sale use the Atom microprocessor.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 03:08 PM   #5
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Apple did NOT accounce a Tablet/MID/eBook device today at WWDC. Just a new 3G iPhone.

Move along, nothing to see here.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert