Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-23-2013, 12:53 PM   #1
oj829
Groupie
oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo, Kobo Arc(32GB), Kobo Arc 7HD, Kobo Glo HD,NookHD
Dumb Glo question... (screen care)

Glo screen care. What does one do?

I long ago threw away my packaging, so I have no instructions, but I've kept the protective layer that ships with the Glo (and which you're clearly supposed to dispose of) on until this week. I could no longer deal with the keyboard inaccuracies introduced by that shipping shield.

In the long run, I'm going to buy a Kobo-brand protector (assuming there is one), but until then...?
oj829 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 01:02 PM   #2
Liesse
Zealot
Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Forma
I had a Glo screen protector on order before I got my Glo, sorry. Not an official one, but it works ok, found on Amazon. I took the official plasticy thing it came with off and put my third party protector on straight away.

I have one bubble at the edge, but I can live with it.

The screen is noticeably shinier with the protector on though. I know many people don't use one because of this issue, so you should be fine without one. Depends how paranoid you are: I have a screen protector on my phone, even though it has Gorilla Glass.

Just give it a clean with some monitor cleaning spray, that's what I do. Make sure you spray the cloth and then clean the screen, not the screen directly. Someone gave me that tip years ago for any screen device and I find it works wonders.
Liesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-23-2013, 01:55 PM   #3
mr_nihilism
Always been the caretaker
mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O, PW2
As far as cleaning goes, I just lightly wet (with water) a microfiber cloth. Gently wipe and it looks as clean as day one.

The same works great for cleaning the bezel as well.
mr_nihilism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 12:39 PM   #4
jlynton
Evangelist
jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Moaan Inkpalm 5.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_nihilism View Post
As far as cleaning goes, I just lightly wet (with water) a microfiber cloth. Gently wipe and it looks as clean as day one.

The same works great for cleaning the bezel as well.
I do the same, and occasionally add a drop of baby shampoo to the water to gently get rid of any grease that may be there due to my habit of reading while I eat. I think the trick is to have the cloth damp, rather than wet.
jlynton is offline   Reply With Quote