Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-12-2011, 09:53 PM   #1
emellaich
Wizard
emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm>Ebookman>IPaq>Axim>Cybook>Kndl2>IPAD>Kndl3SO>Voyager>Oasis
Proposed page history feature

On my older Kindles, and now on my KT I've had times where I lost my place in the book.Maybe I accidentally went to the next chapter or went to the beginning of the book.

It would be great if there was a page history (location history) that listed a matrix with the last 30 pages you had viewed. With the touch a gesture, such as a counter-clockwise circle could bring up the history listing. Then touch an entry to return to that page.
emellaich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 10:12 PM   #2
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
I have seen a few reading apps that have exactly the feature you describe. Unfortunately the one I'm thinking of is defunct. And it only showed history for the current book, whereas it would be better to capture other books as well to make it easier to jump between them.

Kindle at least has Back, but History would be better as it could incorporate context and let you jump forward as well as back, jumping over whatever you wanted to.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert