Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-07-2011, 01:43 AM   #1
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
Kobo Touch sync with Calibre on Linux Ubuntu

I just connected Kobo touch software version 1.9.9 to computer with Ubuntu Linux operating system running Calibre version 0.7.44 from repository. Up popped window showing files on Kobo touch and on micro SD card and I could drag and drop epub ebooks onto SD card and read those books on Kobo after turning Kobo off then on so it would update files with new books. But Calibre never synced with Kobo Touch and showed ebooks on Kobo Touch and SD card so I could load or remove books using Calibre. Version 0.7.44 does work with Kobo Wifi.

After I uninstalled Calibre 07.44 then down loaded and installed Calibre software version 0.8.13 from Calibre.com, that version would sync with Kobo Touch. I could then use Calibre to manage DRM free ebooks on Kobo Touch.

Last edited by filmo; 08-07-2011 at 01:48 AM.
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 06:00 AM   #2
rjcroy
Bibliophile
rjcroy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjcroy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjcroy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjcroy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjcroy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjcroy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjcroy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjcroy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjcroy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjcroy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjcroy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kobo Touch
Glad to hear it. I use Ubuntu. I plan to get a Kobo Touch
Calibre on Ubuntu worked fine with my Kobo (v1) before I broke the screen.
rjcroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert