Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 04-21-2010, 01:14 AM   #16
Guns4Hire
Reading...Since 1970
Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Nova Air C, Nova Pro, LifebookMars, BoyueT62+ Glowlight, NST, PB360
Quote:
Originally Posted by kacir View Post
Here is an the thread at the-ebook.org with some "screensavers"
http://www.the-ebook.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9807
Do not be afraid to visit the link. The text is in Russian, but pictures are pictures in any languages. Well, there *are* some pictures with russian text that I find funny or amusing.

Screensavers are pictures that PocketBook can display during boot or when switched off.
They belong to the /system/logo
Just an FYI to everyone. I downloaded all of Kosta's backgrounds (BG1 thru BG18). Which is quite the pain in the butt. But after giving up. And that download site is a bit cranky. I was able to find them on another website that doesn't require you to enter a code for every batch of backgrounds. Kosta's were the most professional with no text in the backgrounds. So I was after those. FYI as well some of the backgrounds are naughty (nothing too naughty just artistic for the most part). But don't blame me if you open up a background in front of your daughter/son and their is some skin.

http://navigator777.ru/fm/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=22

Last edited by Guns4Hire; 04-21-2010 at 01:17 AM.
Guns4Hire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 10:51 AM   #17
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
A while back I offered to upload my zipped copies of themes if there was no objection and have gotten no feedback so I'll go on a limb and do one.

(Mostly cause the hosting service got raided and are currently out of business. I doubt the CLEANLOOK Theme was the cause, though. )

I make no claims on the file, offer no warranty.
This is simply the zip file I downloaded from the (way) above-listed russian site.
If anybody objects, I'll take it down, of course.

If it's in fact acceptable, I could post others.
(I have about two dozen total.)
Attached Files
File Type: zip cleanlook_v03.zip (212.7 KB, 1441 views)
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 10:57 AM   #18
Mickey330
Addict
Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis & the Kindle app on iDevices
Thanks for the Cleanlook zip file, fjtorres! I'm putting it on my [new!] PB360 now...

Although, I am highly entertained by the Sheeps theme...

If no one objects, I'd like to see the other themes you've collected. It just so hard going to the Russian site (even with Google translator - which gives some ... err ... interesting translations!).

Karma to ya and thanks again.

Marilyn
Mickey330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 11:44 AM   #19
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Nice theme fj.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 11:49 AM   #20
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
Nice theme fj.
I'd love to properly credit the creator but I couldn't figure it out even from the translated webpage.
I have the same problem with several others.

You'd think creators would sign their work, no?
Especially when they do such good work.
Old 05-29-2010, 12:11 PM   #21
rogue_librarian
Guru
rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Basic 613
Sorry, don't want to hijack this thread, but is there a similar one (sticky or not) for startup screens? I have found the links to the Russian site and got a few inspirations there, is there a "local" thread where people share their work? Quick search didn't turn up anything, thanks in advance.
rogue_librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 12:13 PM   #22
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
If it's in fact acceptable, I could post others.
(I have about two dozen total.)
Cleanlook is very, very interesting theme, especially because it offers some new view modes in the library.
I love sheeps and Sherlock themes, because they use features nobody has used before, but for everyday use I like spartan look of the status bar that Cleanlook provides.

I am voting for posting the themes you have downloaded.

I will have a look at some themes and applications I have downloaded from the defunct site.

We will post the themes and applications in good faith, and if somebody complains we can take it down immediately.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 01:02 PM   #23
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Cleanlook is very, very interesting theme, especially because it offers some new view modes in the library.
I love sheeps and Sherlock themes, because they use features nobody has used before, but for everyday use I like spartan look of the status bar that Cleanlook provides.

I am voting for posting the themes you have downloaded.

I will have a look at some themes and applications I have downloaded from the defunct site.

We will post the themes and applications in good faith, and if somebody complains we can take it down immediately.
I think those were posted in the spirit of open source and I do not see any real problems coming up, so please go ahead and post those themes. As for the wallpapers, startup screens and so on, you can post them, too, but you have to take care not to post copyright protected ones. I will make a thread, if you like.

I have thought about a monthly contest for those themes and pics, maybe with a book voucher or something like that as a price. What do you people think about that? That contest would be for original pics and themes, of course. Anyone interested?

Last edited by mtravellerh; 05-29-2010 at 01:07 PM.
Old 05-29-2010, 01:18 PM   #24
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
That contest would be for original pics and themes, of course. Anyone interested?
Well, themes Cleanlook, Sheeps, and Sherlock were the result of the contest on Russian speaking forum the-ebook.org
This shows that such contest might produce interesting results.
You might also consider adding "the best converted dictionary" category. I have seen even an encyclopedia converted to PocketBook dictionary.

You might also offer discount for purchasing a new reader, or perhaps for those dictionaries from Lingovo for an over-all winner.
Old 05-29-2010, 03:11 PM   #25
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer

Okay, here's the full 20-theme batch I've found, including the default, for anybody willing to go for the shotgun approach.

I'll do individual posts for each one after I get some screen caps.

BTW, when I tried copying them over en-masse to the System\Themes folder, they didn't all show up in the Settings menu; I suspect the menu size is limited.

Edit: On the other hand, I tried it again and I noticed that with 15.1 the listing scrolls so they all show up. Maybe I just missed that in 14.2.
Attached Files
File Type: zip PBThemes.zip (1.58 MB, 1113 views)

Last edited by fjtorres; 05-29-2010 at 05:11 PM.
Old 05-29-2010, 03:26 PM   #26
kacir
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
Okay, here's the full 20-theme batch I've found, including the default, for anybody willing to go for the shotgun approach.
I have compared your collection to mine and I only have one theme you are missing - muaddib2
Attached Files
File Type: zip muaddib2.pbt.zip (69.8 KB, 949 views)
Old 05-29-2010, 04:44 PM   #27
mtravellerh
book creator

Thanks to both of you
Old 05-29-2010, 05:12 PM   #28
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I have compared your collection to mine and I only have one theme you are missing - muaddib2
Not anymore.
Thanks!
Old 05-29-2010, 05:18 PM   #29
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer

Okay, here we go with the individual uploads.
(On the screen caps; note that my default interface font these days is New Century Schoolbook; big, dark, and serif. You might prefer small or more florid fonts; most themes allow you to choose your own.)

Antik
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Antik.gif
Views:	1339
Size:	35.9 KB
ID:	52441  
Attached Files
File Type: zip Antik.zip (96.4 KB, 841 views)
Old 05-29-2010, 05:19 PM   #30
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer

Beauty
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Beauty.gif
Views:	1310
Size:	39.2 KB
ID:	52443  
Attached Files
File Type: zip Beauty.zip (95.8 KB, 883 views)