Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-08-2010, 02:18 PM   #1
daveps
daveps ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daveps ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daveps ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daveps ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daveps ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daveps ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daveps ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daveps ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daveps ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daveps ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daveps ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
Trying to get consistent look to all output

Hi,

I know i'm doing something wrong but I cannot quite figure out what is going on.

I have an Elonex 511EB e-reader which to all intents is same output format at Sony PRS 300 in resolution & DPI.

If I convert a book in .lit format to ePub and then try to convert another book in ePub also to ePub with identical output settings, the pages generated do not look the same. The .lit pages almost fill the reader page whereas converting ePub to ePub results in the page having large amounts of white space around the page. Obviously the original ePub layout seems to be influencing the output despite me setting identical output info.

It looks fine going from rtf to ePub most of the time, but also sometimes justification goes for a ball of chalk.

I'm sure this is all user error, could just do with some pointers if possible.

Thanks

Edit: Just found this pesky file in the original ePubs : page-template.xpgt, is it this that is causing my problems, can calibre auto strip this pest out?

Last edited by daveps; 03-08-2010 at 02:55 PM.
daveps is offline   Reply With Quote