Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-02-2011, 03:39 AM   #16
m0ngr31
Connoisseur
m0ngr31 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.m0ngr31 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.m0ngr31 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.m0ngr31 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.m0ngr31 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.m0ngr31 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.m0ngr31 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.m0ngr31 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.m0ngr31 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.m0ngr31 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.m0ngr31 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I'll be testing Mobi2Mobi on mac tomorrow. I'll see if I can't figure out how to change the ASIN number from the command line tools so I don't have to boot up into windows to do everything. If I get it to work, I'll write up a tutorial.
m0ngr31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 10:22 AM   #17
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
You would rock even more than you do now!
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-02-2011, 01:03 PM   #18
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
After you have the mobiperl tools properly set up on Mac or Linux... just typing at a command prompt:
Code:
mobi2mobi bookname.mobi
will print out the current EXTH records that the mobi has. If it already has 113 and 501 records, you only need to change/add the data like so:
Code:
mobi2mobi --outfile bookname.mobi --exthtype 113 --exthdata "B001234567" bookname.mobi
and likewise:
Code:
mobi2mobi --outfile bookname.mobi --exthtype 501 --exthdata "EBOK" bookname.mobi
If those EXTH records don't already exist... you need to create them with:
Code:
mobi2mobi --outfile bookname.mobi --addexthtype 113 --exthdata "B001234567" bookname.mobi
and:
Code:
mobi2mobi --outfile bookname.mobi --addexthtype 501 --exthdata "EBOK" bookname.mobi
When you're done, type:
Code:
mobi2mobi bookname.mobi
to check that everything "took."

Make sure you have a good backup of the original ebook before you go messing. You can change the outfile name if you want -- so the original is untouched, but I just overwrite the original by using the same outfile as infile.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 03:23 PM   #19
m0ngr31
Connoisseur
m0ngr31 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.m0ngr31 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.m0ngr31 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.m0ngr31 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.m0ngr31 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.m0ngr31 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.m0ngr31 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.m0ngr31 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.m0ngr31 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.m0ngr31 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.m0ngr31 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
That looks perfect DiapDealer! Now if I could just get GD to install on my mac, I'd be able to try it out.
m0ngr31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 03:53 PM   #20
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
That looks perfect DiapDealer! Now if I could just get GD to install on my mac, I'd be able to try it out.
Yeah, I've heard it's not the easiest thing in the world to track down all of the prerequisites for MobiPerl on OS X.

I've heard people have had luck using Fink to install the GNU gd2 package... then they're able to install the Perl GD module by using the normal CPAN method.

I don't have any first-hand experience with it, though.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-01-2011, 04:00 AM   #21
jusanthermemory
jusanthermemory began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Did you end up getting your script to update facebook to work? I'm curious about it and would appreciate it if you would post it
jusanthermemory is offline   Reply With Quote