Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-27-2009, 02:03 AM   #61
rebarnmom
Wizard
rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-700 (traded in), Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
You're welcome. It got there quicker than I thought it would!
Apologies for my appalling handwriting.
What "appalling handwriting"? It was perfectly legible! So, I know that you can't be a doctor! I used to work in a hospital and had to try read their orders and such! Now that's appalling handwriting!
rebarnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 03:22 AM   #62
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Drat, mine hasn't made it there yet?? It's been almost a week *grumble grumble* things seem to make it *here* faster than they make it *from* here.
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-27-2009, 11:54 PM   #63
rebarnmom
Wizard
rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceKrispy View Post
Drat, mine hasn't made it there yet?? It's been almost a week *grumble grumble* things seem to make it *here* faster than they make it *from* here.
No grumbling! It came yesterday! I wanted to try and translate it first.

Thank you so much GraceK for the beautiful stamped postard from Hawai'i and the beautiful Hawai'ian words. I hope that I got them right!

Mahalo nui loa!

Last edited by rebarnmom; 06-28-2009 at 12:07 AM.
Old 06-28-2009, 12:06 AM   #64
rebarnmom
Wizard

Many thanks and karma to Nohmi2 for the postcards and stamps from Australia! My daughter especially liked the one with the koala! (She's very into animals!

Many thanks and karma to Columbus as well for the postcard and stamp from Valencia, Spain!

It's neat that they are coming in so steadily, one or two each day, not all on one day!
How did you all coordinate such timing?
Old 06-28-2009, 01:31 AM   #65
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebarnmom View Post
No grumbling! It came yesterday! I wanted to try and translate it first.

Thank you so much GraceK for the beautiful stamped postard from Hawai'i and the beautiful Hawai'ian words. I hope that I got them right!

Mahalo nui loa!

YAAAY!!! it MADE it! I couldn't decide which was the best part of the island to show you! Volcanoes, waterfalls, cliffs, towns, beaches, coconut trees, hula dancers, sunrises, sunsets, etc etc etc.... so i chose a view I see every day!

Just for the record, for all interested, she did a *fabulous* job translating! Now if only i had motivated parents (of my students) who could also try to translate things before calling me on my cell phone....

Last edited by GraceKrispy; 06-28-2009 at 01:35 AM.
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-28-2009, 01:58 AM   #66
rebarnmom
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceKrispy View Post
YAAAY!!! it MADE it! I couldn't decide which was the best part of the island to show you! Volcanoes, waterfalls, cliffs, towns, beaches, coconut trees, hula dancers, sunrises, sunsets, etc etc etc.... so i chose a view I see every day!
I really do hope to visit Hawai'i someday! I had planned to use travel (day trips and vacations), to enhance my daughter's education. But it hasn't happened yet, as the barn is consuming too much of our time & money! So, I guess with these postcards, we are traveling by mail!
Old 06-28-2009, 08:07 AM   #67
Verencat
Wizard
Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.

Device: xxx
It's such a beautiful project!

Has everyone sent a postcard now?
Verencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 09:09 AM   #68
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Not me. Not yet. I've yet to buy the postcard. Which reminds me, I owe a postcard or two to one of those socks in Paris. Hmm.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 02:37 PM   #69
rebarnmom
Wizard

Quote:
It's neat that they are coming in so steadily, one or two each day, not all on one day!
How did you all coordinate such timing?
See, it's all part of the timing. It stretches them out over many days, even weeks! You guys are GOOD!

VR pray tell, which psock do you owe a postcard to in Paris? Curiously I've had no response from any psocks from France.
Of course this is purely voluntary. I would never pressure anyone to participate. (But anyone else can, if they'd like to!)
Well, I'm not beyond begging either... PLEASSSEEE! Pretty please with sugar (and chocolate) on top!!
Old 06-29-2009, 11:11 AM   #70
Verencat
Wizard
Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.

Ok, it's Monday now!

Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet?

If not, I'll sue Canada Post for misrepresentation!
Old 06-29-2009, 02:16 PM   #71
rebarnmom
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verencat View Post
Ok, it's Monday now!
Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet?
It's HERE! (But my daughter is not. ) She spent the night at grandma & grandpa's. I'll be picking her up later this afternoon and whizzing her off to the Summer Library program. The big event won't happen until this evening!

OMG! You spoiled her!! I can't wait to see her face and get that Kodak moment!!

Everyone has been truly generous! I'm overwhelmed with gratitiude! And I am still receiving requests from MR members, even just today, wanting to participate!

My husband (who I sort of didn't tell I was doing this) is totally amazed when he brings the mail in these days! Did I already tell you how awesome you all are? Well, I'll say it again! MobileRead Rocks! You are a totally awesome group of people!
Old 06-29-2009, 02:17 PM   #72
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
Quote:
Ok, it's Monday now!

Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet?

Vcat, you have really got to do something about that lack of energy!! I mean, seriously, I get depressed just reading this post!

As I tell my kids, "IT WILL GET THERE WHEN IT GETS THERE AND NOT A MINUTE SOONER!!
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 02:23 PM   #73
Verencat
Wizard

Quote:
It's HERE! (But my daughter is not. ) She spent the night at grandma & grandpa's. I'll be picking her up later this afternoon and whizzing her off to the Summer Library program. The big event won't happen until this evening!

OMG! You spoiled her!! I can't wait to see her face and get that Kodak moment!!
Everyone has been truly generous! I'm overwhelmed with gratitiude! And I am still receiving requests from MR members, even just today, wanting to participate!

My husband (who I sort of didn't tell I was doing this) is totally amazed when he brings the mail in these days! Did I already tell you how awesome you all are? Well, I'll say it again! MobileRead Rocks! You are a totally awesome group of people!
Me neither!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAHHHH, I'm so happppppyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! Yay!
MR does rock!

Kaz - sorry, I'm just so excited these days!
Old 06-29-2009, 02:27 PM   #74
rebarnmom
Wizard

Quote:
Me neither!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAHHHH, I'm so happppppyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! Yay!
MR does rock!

Kaz - sorry, I'm just so excited these days!
It's funny, but I just wouldn't expect such energy, based on your avatar!
Though I can picture it after letting all that energy out!
Old 06-29-2009, 02:38 PM   #75
rebarnmom
Wizard

Many thanks, karma and a standing ovation to Verencat for her generosity and ENTHUSIASM!

Thank you and karma also to Ruth1304 for all the postcards and stamps from Bristol!

Another postcard came in today from Nohmi2 in Australia! I don't know if it was posted at the same time as the first ones, and just arrived a tad later? Thanks again Nohmi!