Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-10-2013, 01:14 AM   #1
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
Consulting Notes

I apologize if there is an easy way to do it but I did not find it.

I proof-readed a book of mine on Kobo Glo and took note (Add Note, typing the text, Save) of some mistakes. Now, I would like to consult these notes, going from the first one to the next and so on, so as to correct the book on my computer.

Is this possible? If not, what the use of taking notes?
roger64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 01:50 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
The notes are accessed from the annotations list. Press the middle of the screen and then the book icon. Then select "Annotations".

From the list you can view the full annotation, or show it in the book. But, to get to the next one, you have to go back to the list.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-10-2013, 02:25 AM   #3
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
Oh. On one side it's written Notes, on the other side it's written Annotations, and it's enough to fool a weak brain like mine. Thanks, it's OK now. Could be more handy but anyway quite useful.
roger64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 09:06 AM   #4
AlPe
Digital Amanuensis
AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several eReaders and tablets
Hi,

if you want to export your annotations and highlights to CSV format (e.g., for using them in a spreadsheet program), you can use my Python script which you can download
here.

Usage:
Code:
$ python export_Kobo_notes.py [ARGUMENTS]

Arguments:
 -h, --help          : print this usage message and exit
 -f, --file <file>   : <file> is the path to KoboReader.sqlite
 -c, --csv           : output CSV values, instead of human-readable strings
 -o, --output <file> : write output to <file>

Exit codes:

0 = no error
 1 = invalid argument(s) error