Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 09-20-2011, 11:25 AM   #301
Tony1988
Guru
Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350
The rumor is that ETA is now Jan 2012. Including the link I put up for the HP version. Sorry Mrsjoseph. Looks like you will have a 4 month wait. Not worth it IMHO. Many people read mostly during the fall and winter months. I wouldnt blame anyone for buying something else now.
Tony1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 01:01 PM   #302
khalleron
Kate
khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2013, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony1988 View Post
The rumor is that ETA is now Jan 2012. Including the link I put up for the HP version. Sorry Mrsjoseph. Looks like you will have a 4 month wait. Not worth it IMHO. Many people read mostly during the fall and winter months. I wouldnt blame anyone for buying something else now.
Rumor?

The official site says 10/16/2011 - although the date keeps getting pushed back, I doubt it's pushed all the way back to January.
khalleron is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-20-2011, 02:13 PM   #303
Hellmark
Wizard
Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nokia N800, PRS-505, Nook STR Glowlight, Kindle 3
Yeah, I've not seen anything that said other than october.
Hellmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 02:18 PM   #304
Tony1988
Guru
Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellmark View Post
Yeah, I've not seen anything that said other than october.
The link I provided Mrsjoseph now says eta Jan 2012. Go to the sony forum and read the thread there.
Tony1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 02:24 PM   #305
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony1988 View Post
The link I provided Mrsjoseph now says eta Jan 2012. Go to the sony forum and read the thread there.
Exactly.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-20-2011, 02:33 PM   #306
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinecone View Post
VAT for one.
Quote:
But shouldn't that remain the same, if they're within the same country?
Yes - I was just talking about price differences between different Sony Centres in the UK. Any price differences have nothing to do with VAT.

There was some juxtaposition with talk of prices in Sweden, I think that may have caused some confusion? Sorry.
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 06:27 PM   #307
trevgriff
Zealot
trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini - Main Reader (iPad 3 backup, iPhone 4s back to my backup)
The US Sony Store (web site) still shows on or about 10/2/2011. Of course my pre-order shipped on 9/16/2011. ;-) I think Sony should update that!
trevgriff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 06:36 PM   #308
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
You'll probably get it tomorrow. Damn I shoulda pre-ordered!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 06:40 PM   #309
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
I liked LRF, just didn't like the DRM. As far as your complaints about margins and font, I've only experienced that with books from the Sony store. Copies from places like Smashwords, and the default options from Calibre were much much better.
It was the way LRX was formatted that was an issue. LRF was however others formatted them. LRX was done either via Sony or someone Sony hired to do it. But whoever did LRX did it very poorly.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 06:57 PM   #310
Hellmark
Wizard
Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nokia N800, PRS-505, Nook STR Glowlight, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
It was the way LRX was formatted that was an issue. LRF was however others formatted them. LRX was done either via Sony or someone Sony hired to do it. But whoever did LRX did it very poorly.
Yeah, the LRX files I had, the smallest font size was about the same as the largest font option in the LRF files I had from elsewhere. I like having at least one paragraph one one page.
Hellmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 07:39 PM   #311
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T2
I was reading the spiel on Sony US's website and noticed a lot of the spiel is missing on Sony Australia's website. Specifically: will I be able to borrow from Australian libraries directly?..
AprilHare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 12:53 AM   #312
toronado
Addict
toronado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toronado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toronado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toronado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toronado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toronado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toronado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toronado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toronado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toronado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toronado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by trevgriff View Post
The US Sony Store (web site) still shows on or about 10/2/2011. Of course my pre-order shipped on 9/16/2011. ;-) I think Sony should update that!
NewEgg is also 10/02/2011.
toronado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 03:26 PM   #313
Bluestar59
Bluestar59 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBluestar59 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBluestar59 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBluestar59 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBluestar59 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBluestar59 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBluestar59 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBluestar59 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBluestar59 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBluestar59 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBluestar59 has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Device: none
I see it listed on a Sears Canada webpage as being available on October 6, 2011 for C$169.99

http://www.sears.ca/product/sony-e-r...010454-PRST1BC
Bluestar59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 04:46 PM   #314
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Why ???

I suppose I can get (but only just) why people feel compelled to queue up for 48 hours in the depth of winter/height of tropical heatwave summer to get a "latest generation" wotever device, in the flesh, and actually have it in your hands. And enjoy the party atmosphere, or your picture in the world's newspapers - but, sorry, I am totally at a loss to see the excitement about pre-ordering.

Aside from harbouring a [surprisingly well proven] vague conviction that I'll let others "iron out the bumps" , and sort out the glitches, in something new, I am never really seized by the neccessity to give any business their first quarter's sales figures on a plate, through my commitment to buy their product, especially sight unseen.
If there was a "plus/bonus" aspect re: price or extras, or perhaps availability, it helps to explain it, but I'm still struggling with the concept......

Mind you, it is a well trodden commercial path - get the committment, ideally the cash, up front so you can factor in how many to make/knit/paint.....

On the other hand, if you can't walk into a shop and buy one, 'cos they haven't got any, I suppose things are a trifle tricky, really.

carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 04:54 PM   #315
khalleron
Kate
khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2013, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
I don't wait in line, and I'm usually with you on the 'wait and see' philosophy.

That said, I did pre-order the T1. Why?

Because I have a 505 that I love and has stood me in good stead, and already has a new home waiting for it when I replace it - so I'm confident of the quality of Sony readers.

But mostly it's because I'm a heavy library and Google Books user, and the functionality of the T1 suits me perfectly.

It's what I want, and I already know that.

For those who are not sure, then waiting is the best option. Pre-ordering was *my* best option.
khalleron is online now   Reply With Quote