The Windlord
Gwaihir began at the beginning.

Device: iRex DR1000S, BeBook Club S
Quote:
Originally Posted by luite View Post
I was under the impression that MHT files are used for a single page
That's correct.
Quote:
while I intend to use this for complete sites (for example Doxygen or Javadoc documentation, which often consist of hundreds of html files).
Indeed, that would be welcome.

Alternatively, perhaps the indexing can be enhanced in such a way that a folder containing a website can register as just one document. It would save the continuous unzipping. I fear that unzipping might be a drain on the battery, but I could be wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iñigo View Post
You can use FBReader to read .chm files. It works ok if the files are not too big.
Tried that. Didn't like it too much. I would call my files big, so that might have something to do with it. But quite frankly, I doubt it; I just found the interface impractical compared to the native pdf browser. It really needs the menu (= stylus) to navigate. If I just continue to flip pages, I go round and round the same chapter.

I'd welcome .chm support in the native browser. I have several ebooks in that format and have thus far refrained from getting more of them.
Gwaihir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 01:48 PM   #17
Mackx
Guru
Mackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to behold

Device: iRex DR1000S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwaihir View Post
It really needs the menu (= stylus) to navigate. If I just continue to flip pages, I go round and round the same chapter.
Doing a long press (i.e. holding the arrow up/down for more then 5 seconds) should bring you to the next chapter. I am not sure how this works on the DR800.
This probably also depends on the configuration of FBReader, there are some ports around here that have the 'correct' configuration.
Mackx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 03:23 PM   #18
luite
Connoisseur
luite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.luite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.luite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: dr1000
Quote:
That's correct.
Alternatively, perhaps the indexing can be enhanced in such a way that a folder containing a website can register as just one document. It would save the continuous unzipping. I fear that unzipping might be a drain on the battery, but I could be wrong.
Actually unzipping files takes very little time. The reason that the previous version was slow is that it had to go through all files in the zip directory (the list of all files in the zip archive) to find each file.

This update fixes this, it loads the list of files in a binary tree when the archive is opened, so that each file can be found quickly. I've tested it with a 2.5MB archive with 1200 files, and a 215MB archive with 12000 files. Both are very fast now, although the latter takes a bit longer to open.

Note: When upgrading, just overwrite existing files. You don't need to run the script to associate the file types again.

Small update: I also tested it with a zip archive with around 61000 files and it still works well. The archive takes slightly longer to open, since the program scans the whole central directory, so it takes a little more time to load the first page, but after that, it's very fast. Since the original zip format only supports up to 65536 files, I'll update the next version to support the newer ZIP64 format, which removes this (and other) limitation.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Zipbrowser-0.1-preview3.zip (153.5 KB, 280 views)

Last edited by luite; 06-14-2010 at 09:40 PM.
luite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 03:44 PM   #19
luite
Connoisseur
luite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.luite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.luite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: dr1000
Quote:
I'd welcome .chm support in the native browser. I have several ebooks in that format and have thus far refrained from getting more of them.
Note that this program is a modification of erbrowser, while the pdf viewer is uds (with a plugin for pdf). erbrowser relies on the stylus quite a bit more than uds.
luite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 06:09 AM   #20
repods
Addict
repods is on a distinguished road

Device: irex DR-800S, M92S
Quote:

uds supports the plugins..
if someone would take the time to write one for .chm, that would be very appreciated..
I could even help if required..
repods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 05:59 AM   #21
Groen
eReader
Groen began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Question MHT support disabled?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gertjan View Post
Its always nice to have choices, but DR800 (1.0/2.0) and DR1000 (2.0) already support MHT (MHTML) web archives natively.
I just tried to open some MHT documents (generated with UnMHT 5.6.0 in Firefox 3.6.4) on my DR1000 (running FW 2.0RC2), but the documents do not even show up. Not in the books view, nor in the SD-card view. Reattaching to my PC does show the files are there. Just to be sure I deleted the metadata.db file in the directory, but that didn't make them show up either.

Is there anything some hidden setting I need to enable?

Mark
Groen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 06:26 AM   #22
pauli
Groupie
pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.

Device: iLiad, DR1000S, HTC Hero, DR800SG
strange, *.mht files show on my SD card and can be opened, on DR1000S (FW 2.0-RC2)
Perhaps you've a _ (underscore) or . (dot) in the filename as the first character? This would make the files "hidden" in the file-browser on the DR1000

I've added a sample mht file, that opens normally. (had to put it in a zip file, because mht was not supported by the forum)
Attached Files
File Type: zip IREX Corporate Website_firefox.zip (220.9 KB, 266 views)

Last edited by pauli; 06-25-2010 at 06:32 AM. Reason: clearity
pauli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 08:02 AM   #23
Groen
eReader

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauli View Post
Perhaps you've a _ (underscore) or . (dot) in the filename as the first character? This would make the files "hidden" in the file-browser on the DR1000
No, unfortunately that's not the case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauli View Post
I've added a sample mht file, that opens normally. (had to put it in a zip file, because mht was not supported by the forum)
I unzipped it and put it straight in the personal documents folder. However, it does not show up, again, neither under the Personal Documents, nor when browsing to it under SD-Card.

I think tonight I will find myself an empty SD-card and try to start again with a fresh firmware install as I previously had problems with ePub files being not recognised due to remaining metadata.db files. (Unless you have a better suggestion at this point.)

Mark
Old 06-25-2010, 08:37 AM   #24
pauli
Groupie
pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.

Device: iLiad, DR1000S, HTC Hero, DR800SG
nope, no idea... a blank SD card could help
I've put the file in the "Personal Documents" folder as well and it shows up there as well.

What you could try is renaming the global.db file (not delete, so you can always go back) to global.old.db in the root of the SD card. This will clear all the indexed data, including the thumbnails...
If this doesn't help you can go back by renaming it back to global.db
pauli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 09:00 AM   #25
Mackx
Guru
Mackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to behold

I copied it to my SDcard, it shows up and can be viewed. I am using rc2. It is strange that it does not show up at all, all 'known' file-types should normally show up (at least in Card-view).
Old 06-26-2010, 05:18 PM   #26
Groen
eReader

Still no MHT file recognised

Today, I copied FW2.0RC2 to a clean SD-card. I booted the DR1000 to reinstall the firmware. After the "upgrade" completed, I safely removed the SD-card, inserted it in my PC and copied Pauli's MHT file to the SD-card. I safely removed the card from the PC and inserted it in the DR. The DR did not show the MHT-file. Not in Personal Documents, nor in the SD-card browser.

I also tried renaming global.db. That didn't help either. I am really clueless what is going on.

PDFs and ePubs work fine.

Mark
Old 06-27-2010, 02:57 AM   #27
Mackx
Guru

That is strange indeed! Are you using a linux or windows based PC?
Old 06-27-2010, 07:31 AM   #28
Groen
eReader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackx View Post
That is strange indeed! Are you using a linux or windows based PC?
My attempts with a clean SD-card and renaming global.db were with a Windows based PC. My earlier attempts were both with a Windows based PC and a Mac running OS X 10.6.
Old 06-27-2010, 09:10 AM   #29
Mackx
Guru

I use a tool called SQLite3 Management Studio, which is a free tool that you can get here. Go to download and search for "SQLite2009 Pro Enterprise Manager".

You can use it to see if the mht-files are added to your global.db file at all.
Old 06-27-2010, 12:56 PM   #30
Groen
eReader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackx View Post
I use a tool called SQLite3 Management Studio, which is a free tool that you can get here. Go to download and search for "SQLite2009 Pro Enterprise Manager".

You can use it to see if the mht-files are added to your global.db file at all.
Nope, they don't show up. So it looks like the indexing process doesn't pick them up. That is weird, because why does it pick other file types, but not mht-flies. And why is it only my DR that is affected?