Old 01-25-2009, 01:26 AM   #76
hanasea
Enthusiast
hanasea began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, iPod Touch
Wow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsgreer View Post
Wow, he sure does have me beat. Just the having 2 Iliads makes him braver (and a good deal richer) than me! That is a whole lotta ebookin' right there.

Glad to hear that someone's Ereader sickness is worse than mine! Yay!
You guys are so cute! God, and It's just too hard to wait for my kindle from Amazon, and I cancled my order and got one from Ebay.... I'm waiting for it *again* but I know when it will be come for me, finally.

Now It it just too hard to resist to get any version of iLiad for my PDFs, or cute, lovely red Sony reader..... Well, for next month, I have no money to spare for it.. but maybe I'll get one for my birthday present...

I want to change. you are so cute and so evil.
hanasea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 04:35 AM   #77
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanasea View Post
I want to change. you are so cute and so evil.
thank you ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-26-2009, 05:50 PM   #78
narbeauchamp
Groupie
narbeauchamp has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: PRS700BC/PRS505/TZ350N/MacBook/Aspire One/iPad/iPhone/BB 9630
I presently own a PRS700 ,a broken PRS505 (and a second PRS505 that I gave to my other half as a gift,so technically I no longer own it)-I never did *too* much reading on my palm pilot devices (beyond work stuff),and read tons of stuff on the computer over the years.I was torn between getting a Kindle and a Sony,personally I must say I ADORE the form factor of the Sony,although being able to buy books instantly would be a MAJOR plus.That said- I think NOT being able to do that is way better for my bank accounts ! I am barely able to walk past my local B&N or Borders and NOT stop in to buy a book (there are two B&N on my way to the subway alone,plus one about 3 mins from my office..etc-you see where this is going )-but maybe someday I'll give it a try.What I would REALLY like however,is to get my PRS505 fixed,without spending more than the thing cost me in the first place !
narbeauchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 06:45 PM   #79
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
I know I can only use 1 reader at a time. If you own 2, what's the reason? If you're thinking of buying another one, why?

I researched like crazy on this board in November 2007 and asked a lot of annoying questions on this message board while I made up my mind. I chose the Sony PRS-505 and my new baby arrived on December 6th, 2007. Even though I love my reader, for some reason I wanted a second one. You guys know how expensive these things are, so I try to justify it by telling myself if 1 need to go for service then I still will have the other one. You know, like a spare car! So I bought a Kindle. Now I feel like I have the best of 2 worlds and can't imagine not owning both.
I've got three Kindles. I bought one for me to read on and two to loan out to friends and neighbors (helps make it easier to decide what they might want to buy without doing the outlay in advance).
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 06:50 PM   #80
texasnightowl
Guru
texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, K4B(NT), K3/KK
Quote:
Are you ever tempted to buy multiple readers?
No, not so far. I've only had my Kindle since August. I find everything I'm interested in so far has been available from Amazon or from Fictionwise (which yes, gets liberated).

Technically, between my PC, notebook, and Kindle, I have 3 readers. And my next phone will probably be an iphone type.

But as for buying another dedicated ereader? No, not tempted so far.
texasnightowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-26-2009, 08:15 PM   #81
Lilly
Guru
Lilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-900 & PRS-950, Amazon Kindle2
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
I've got three Kindles. I bought one for me to read on and two to loan out to friends and neighbors (helps make it easier to decide what they might want to buy without doing the outlay in advance).
You have 3 Kindles, wow! I can't believe you loan them out. Except for 1 of the Directors at my job whom I loaned my Kindle to overnight while he was making a decision to buy one for his dad, I selfishly hold on to both of my readers. Plus, I don't think I'll be able to go through the agony of worrying about my Kindle a 2nd time, so I won't be loaning it out any time soon!
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 08:20 PM   #82
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
You have 3 Kindles, wow! I can't believe you loan them out. Except for 1 of the Directors at my job whom I loaned my Kindle to overnight while he was making a decision to buy one for his dad, I selfishly hold on to both of my readers. Plus, I don't think I'll be able to go through the agony of worrying about my Kindle a 2nd time, so I won't be loaning it out any time soon!
I don't worry. One of my Kindles has been on loan to one of my friends for several months now. She's really enjoying it. She's very elderly and she loves to read, so it's a no-brainer for me to loan it to her long term.

If I need it to let another friend use for an over-nighter or something, I just reverse-borrow it from her (unless my third one is available for loan).
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 09:30 PM   #83
hanasea
Enthusiast
hanasea began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, iPod Touch
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
So Kind. I wish I were your friend. Hehe

I'd like to get one for my grandmother, She's like to read bible but now her eyes are very weak and she cannot read any bible. Even her "Big letter bible for elder" is so small for her. The problem is, she can't read English. Arrrgh. She's native Korean, and can read a little bit of Japanese(When she was young, Korean school teach Japanese for Korean, It's a long story), can talk English(When She was twenty, she worked housegirl at Seoul, US army)....

I'd like share my everything with her and I can't share Kindle with her /cry

Your friend's story just remind my grandmother. I should visit her tonight
Maybe she can enjoy some sweet fruits.

RickyMaveety, Lily, and other guys, you make me better person :-D

hanasea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 11:07 AM   #84
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
I would not mind buying a second reader, if Sony makes 8-9" one for home use.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote