Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 07-27-2011, 01:18 PM   #1
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
email showing up and passwords

My husband just got the Nook Touch.

1. I notice that in settings the email associated with our account shows up. Is there a way to disable/block this from showing up?

2. I have set a password so no purchases can be made without prompting for a password. Is there a way to set a password to turn it on. On my Kindle I can set a password that prevents it from turning on unless a password is entered.

Thanks,
Carol
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 02:35 PM   #2
geertm
Guru
geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadievan View Post
My husband just got the Nook Touch.

1. I notice that in settings the email associated with our account shows up. Is there a way to disable/block this from showing up?

2. I have set a password so no purchases can be made without prompting for a password. Is there a way to set a password to turn it on. On my Kindle I can set a password that prevents it from turning on unless a password is entered.

Thanks,
Carol
1. There is no way to hide the e-mail address. If you do not want people to see your regular e-mail address you could of course use a gmail address.

2. You can lock the Nook Color with a password. But although the Nook Touch firmware is very similar to that of the NC they did not include this option for the Nook Touch. Perhaps a future update will add this option?
geertm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 04:37 PM   #3
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geertm View Post
1. There is no way to hide the e-mail address. If you do not want people to see your regular e-mail address you could of course use a gmail address.

2. You can lock the Nook Color with a password. But although the Nook Touch firmware is very similar to that of the NC they did not include this option for the Nook Touch. Perhaps a future update will add this option?
The email address has to be the one associated with your account correct?

Carol
Old 07-27-2011, 04:51 PM   #4
geertm
Guru
geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadievan View Post
The email address has to be the one associated with your account correct?

Carol
Yes.
But you can change the e-mail address of your account.
1. Unregister your Nook.
2. Change the e-mail address of your account (Login to your account on the B&N website).
3. Register your Nook again (using the new e-mail address).
geertm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 07:26 PM   #5
sadievan
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by geertm View Post
Yes.
But you can change the e-mail address of your account.
1. Unregister your Nook.
2. Change the e-mail address of your account (Login to your account on the B&N website).
3. Register your Nook again (using the new e-mail address).
Thanks. Don't know if I'll do that. It will still have the problem of having the email address associated with the account show up. Wish they would allow you to set a password that would prevent opening of the Nook.

Carol