Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-15-2008, 01:09 PM   #1
jbloudg20
Connoisseur
jbloudg20 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-900 & K2i
Leather cover folding, or device removal?

I'll admit right off that I am a bit over cautious with my devices.

That said, I notice when I fold the cover back to read, the cover starts to develop a bit fo a curve to it. I'd prefer to keep the cover looking new, and not developing a permanent curve to it. So I ask you all: does your 700's front cover have a curve to it near the spine from constantly folding it back? Am I being too anal?
jbloudg20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 06:12 PM   #2
dhbailey
Guru
dhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enough

Device: HP iPAQ211 / PRS 500, 700 and 505
I stopped folding my cover all the way back as I had done with the 500 because of the same reason.

But I also find that holding it with the cover open like a book actually makes it easier to hold one-handed and leaves my left thumb right on the page turn buttons.
dhbailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-15-2008, 07:47 PM   #3
shighfield
Groupie!? GROUPIE!?!?
shighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enough

Device: EBW 1150, Kobo Touch
I fold it over, figure if it gets too curved I'll buy a new cover. It's too slippery to use without the cover IMO.
shighfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 08:33 PM   #4
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
i fold it over, and when i used my right hand to hold it i stick my finger into betweent eh two folds. it holds it pretty securely.

im not afraid of any curves to it. ive been using it for about 3 hours a day or more for over a month and no curve to the cover yet, permanant that is, i can always just unbed it when i see a little warping.

the cover does get a tendance to want to stay open when you open it over on itself. but, that is why there are magnets in the device and iron in the cover to keep it closed
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 09:25 PM   #5
jbloudg20
Connoisseur

I don't mind using it 'naked' but I'm then worried that too much removal will break the plastic that holds the cover. Damned if I do...
Advert
Old 12-15-2008, 09:59 PM   #6
Timoleon
Time Enough at Last
Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 3, iPhone 5, Kindle 3, Fire, Sony PRS-350
I fold it over and make a free-standing tent --- when I'm in bed on my right side. So lazy and so easy...

Tim
Timoleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 07:10 AM   #7
jbloudg20
Connoisseur

Well, I guess folding it is
Old 12-16-2008, 07:27 AM   #8
jbloudg20
Connoisseur

Well, so much for that. I just ordered the Waterfield slip case. I'll get some pictures of the Waterfield as well as my Kroo neoprene case.
Old 12-16-2008, 09:16 PM   #9
rjfarrell
Zealot
rjfarrell doesn't litterrjfarrell doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-505, Iphone, Ipad
See my note about the Franklin "Legacy" Planner under the slip cover thread. It is a little pricier than the slip cover, but supremo comfort
rjfarrell is offline   Reply With Quote